Looking for opinions on Bedtread vs Bedrug vs carpet

hamrickac

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
A couple months ago I dyed my oem carpet black. It turned out pretty well and seems that it’s going to hold up well but 20 years of use on the carpet has taken it’s toll on the actual fibers, so I’m opting to change all of it out. I just really can’t decide what to do and hopefully someone with some experience with each can give me a little insight.

How’s the sound with bedtread and bedrug? I had a yj that I bedlined the interior of absolutely hated the resulting noise and drone in the cab along with the heat it failed to keep out. I don’t know if either do well as insulation.

If I’m doing carpet I’ll do the ultra plush Essex with mass backing will it have the same durability as oe carpet? (Stockinteriors.com was the one that I’ve been looking at if anyone knows any others they like I’d take that into consideration)

Any other input anyone has would be appreciated.

Got rid of the OE carpet and installed BedTred. Liked the idea of something that won’t absorb water or collect dirt and can just be hosed off. Haven’t put any miles on it yet so I can speak to durability or insulating properties, but if you’re worried about that, there was a recent thread talking about linings you could use on the tub to reduce heat and sound.

Reactions: hamrickac
I’ve installed sound deadener throughout my tub but the more the merrier

030DC843-AEF7-4FD2-A06A-1E66B3E0261F.jpeg

It's a Jeep so get the Bedrug or Bedtread. I have the bedrug and like it. It still looks like carpet but isn't. It is easy to pull and wash off. I also have it in the bed of my truck and it is great. I've also heard good things about the bedtread. I think it just comes to what you want your Jeep to look like. If you want a carpet look go with Bedrug. If you want a rubberized look get the Bedtread. Either way you can't go wrong. I didn't notice any increase or decrease in noise over the stock carpet.

Bedrug is like lowpile carpet with a closed cell foam backer on it.

I didn't notice a noise difference between OEM carpet and bedrug.

Rockauto has the ACC Essex for cheapest I believe. I'm about to install it. But mine is a daily driver. And I have no plans to mud bog or rock climb. Just old logging roads etc. etc. Will most likely put down weathertech mats over it. So it shouldn't show any signs of wear anytime soon. Not to mention it's by far the thickest of the bunch. It definitely will be quieter. But I would use Noico sound deadener and the Essex without mass backing. Probably even save money that way. But not time. Sound deadener takes a good day to install. But you'll get a whole lot more sound deadening that way.

The other two are great carpets. I think especially if you plan on getting them wet. And need to remove them - hose them down - clean them - and dry them out.

I had a water leak, from the lack of AC drain hose, that frequently wet my front passenger carpet. I fixed the leak and installed Bedrug in the front. Another reason for my choice was I liked the idea of no mold, easy removal, clean-up, and drying if the carpet gets wet while off-roading.

I frequently take my dog with me, and installed Bedtred in the rear for easier clean up. Dog hair cleans up quick and easy.

Reactions: RussTJ
If Ifm doing carpet I’ll do the ultra plush Essex with mass backing will it have the same durability as oe carpet? (Stockinteriors.com was the one that I’ve been looking at if anyone knows any others they like I’d take that into consideration)

The mass backed ACC Essex is a much higher quality carpet kit than the OEM. Buy the Quick-install version from RockAuto. With the 5% code it's the best price OTD, it's the best price I'd found.

I bought bedtred and think it is a HUGE RIP off. Some thin (like 3/16") closed cell foam with a plastic-ish cover coat. Total rip off for the price. I'd does not fit how they claim either. You will be trimming it to fit the console and seats. I can not recommend against this cheap crap strongly enough. Even at half the price I would look for something better. No idea about the bedrug but I doubt it is much better. Could be wrong. I would (if I could do it over differently) go with the carpet option. With all that sound deadener in your tub I'm guessing you don't plan on a lot of water ever getting on the floor.

I bought bedtred and think it is a HUGE RIP off. Some thin (like 3/16") closed cell foam with a plastic-ish cover coat. Total rip off for the price. I'd does not fit how they claim either. You will be trimming it to fit the console and seats. I can not recommend against this cheap crap strongly enough. Even at half the price I would look for something better. No idea about the bedrug but I doubt it is much better. Could be wrong. I would (if I could do it over differently) go with the carpet option. With all that sound deadener in your tub I'm guessing you don't plan on a lot of water ever getting on the floor.

Ya. Price was one of my bigger concerns and thickness. I just couldn't justify the price of bedrub or bedtred. When ACC is three times as thick. And cheaper. It just doesn't get advertised as much as the former. But again, I'm not a mud bogger or rock climber. So I don't see myself thrashing the inside of my Jeep with water, mud or sand. And with some good weathertech floor mats. It should keep the plush pile carpet from getting douched on.

It really depends on what your using your Jeep for. If it's an off road only toy. I can see the use of bedrug and bedtred. It would be a godsend for someone that has to remove and dry out their carpet every other weekend. Not so much with the ACC.

Rockauto has the ACC Essex for cheapest I believe. I'm about to install it. But mine is a daily driver. And I have no plans to mud bog or rock climb. Just old logging roads etc. etc. Will most likely put down weathertech mats over it. So it shouldn't show any signs of wear anytime soon. Not to mention it's by far the thickest of the bunch. It definitely will be quieter. But I would use Noico sound deadener and the Essex without mass backing. Probably even save money that way. But not time. Sound deadener takes a good day to install. But you'll get a whole lot more sound deadening that way.

The other two are great carpets. I think especially if you plan on getting them wet. And need to remove them - hose them down - clean them - and dry them out.
How'd you like the ACC Essex?