Looking for opinions on body lift

Sudo

TJ Enthusiast
I have an 06 LJ automatic.

Looking for opinions on 1.25 body lift in addition to 4-4.5 spring lift. Is this too high, any issues or concerns I should be aware of? I am running 33's. Should I put a shorter spring in?
Just wanting to hear opinions from those have done something similar.

Last edited:
For 33's it's real hard to beat a 3" suspension lift combined with a 1-1.25" body lift. That gives sufficient room for offroad use of 33's without making it too tall and creating a higher than necessary center of gravity.

If you already have 4-4.5” suspension lift you are golden for 33’s. With addition of a 1.25” body lift you could run 35’s without issue.

Any cons to running a body lift with that much spring lift? Other than maybe a bit higher CoG? Trying to weigh out the pros and cons to make sure I'm not doing something I'll regret for an extra inch of tire stuff.

I havent decided to run 35's for sure yet. My main motivation for a little body lift is to reduce the bump stop I have.

Thanks for the replies.

Any cons to running a body lift with that much spring lift? Other than maybe a bit higher CoG? Trying to weigh out the pros and cons to make sure I'm not doing something I'll regret for an extra inch of tire stuff.

I havent decided to run 35's for sure yet. My main motivation for a little body lift is to reduce the bump stop I have.

Thanks for the replies.
No cons

Guess worst case I can remove it all.

Anyone have pics of a jeep sitting on a similar suspension +body lift?

33s, 4" spring, 1.25" body lift.
20200122_143205.jpg

20200122_143230.jpg

Couldn’t tell you an actual measurement, but at full lock and full up travel, it just barely rubs the front inner fender. Not stock axles, so not quite an apples to apples comparison.
1623191A-9A39-436F-83F3-01BE254A0F21.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat