Looking for opinions on GenRight aluminum fenders

Ok. How about from the front side angle (quartering) showing the top of the fender?
thank you sir!
it will be a little while before I get them, I’ll most likely be going with high lines when I get some, and have a lot of research to do as far as relocating things under the hood. I REALLY don’t want to lose the stock air box.... but I don’t know if there’s any other way around it with high lines. I think I’ve read where someone has made it work possibly.....

Plumber1, I just looked at your pics again and you have the angle I was looking for. It’s just that the awesome paint job makes it hard to differentiate where the fender and hood meet to get a good view. Very nice.
thank you sir.

D9F8F11A-201F-4830-81DD-8D5D5ED894BF.jpeg

C7D5F1BF-3F56-40F3-896C-098318105DF4.jpeg

the first pic is a TNT fender that’s the angle I’m talking about.
the second pic is a genright 6”.
To me the 6” looks good on the front but the 6” on the rear is too much I think.

Ok. How about from the front side angle (quartering) showing the top of the fender?
thank you sir!
it will be a little while before I get them, I’ll most likely be going with high lines when I get some, and have a lot of research to do as far as relocating things under the hood. I REALLY don’t want to lose the stock air box.... but I don’t know if there’s any other way around it with high lines. I think I’ve read where someone has made it work possibly.....
Here you go ;)

IMG_8548.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8551.jpg

IMG_8552.jpg

The 4" is common, what most people get. The 6" will provide more tire coverage, but will take more damage on the trail because they stick out that much more. Most that I talk to with the 6" got it because they were afraid of getting a ticket.

Only one model from PS had a cracking issue, mine are going on 10 years old and even with multiple impacts against them with some big gouges as evidence, no cracks or problems. One impact against my passenger-side aluminum Poison Spider fender was so hard it wrinkled the tub pretty good right behind where the fender bolts to it.

That said, I consider anything with Genright's name on it top-notch stuff.

A moot point now since PS stopped making them. They went out of production when people started noticing the cracks and then got discontinued. I was looking for them at the time because I had the steel corner with rear flare built in so wanted to match them. I found one pair left of the aluminum PS. Decided not to get them in case I broke one, wouldn't be able to replace it with aluminum.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks, Guys All great information! I don't think I'm ready for the high lines yet, but am hoping I can get some 35"s on her with the new fenders. I am trying to match the color (electric lime green) and have them powder coated. I don't think it'll be an exact match, but maybe close enough.
The GR fenders will not give you more clearance to fit 35’s. Just an FYI

Plumber1, I just looked at your pics again and you have the angle I was looking for. It’s just that the awesome paint job makes it hard to differentiate where the fender and hood meet to get a good view. Very nice.
thank you sir.
Get the 0”. Way mo better.

Those look great, beautiful Jeep! I have been having the same decision issue between the 4" and 6" as well. I agree that the 4" look really nice, but I'm afraid to buy them and then have the law create a hassle for me! Did you go with inner fender liners as well? I can't tell from the photograph.

The 6” flares look closer to stock (in the front) to me. The fronts look great. The rears look a little out of place. it would offer more protection against flying rocks on gravel though. My Jeep is mostly a family ride. I busted my windshield the second day I had it. Riding with the family on a Gravel road top an doors off and the rear tire threw a rock right through the passenger door opening and cracked my windshield. Sounded like a .22 going off. Scared the wife. Lol.

Not saying your flares don’t look good. They look great. Just not used to seeing big flares on the rear. For what it’s worth I’m considering the 6” myself.