Looking for opinions on GenRight aluminum fenders

@NashvilleTJ That's a great looking rig.

Thanks all for the advice. I've got the 4" on my Phase 2 list. It will include 35" tires, chromoly axles, regear, and maybe corner guards. This will be a few years down the road. I dropped a ton of money into the Jeep in the first year of owning it. Now it's time to wheel what I built and see what I want to do.

The fit and finish is top-notch. If you use their inner fenders you'll need to drill holes to mount everything and some items like the stock airbox would need some creativity to remount. I ended up running a K&N filter because I didn't want to deal with it. I believe you can retain the factory inner fenders though.

Unless you buy the Highline version though don't expect any gains over the stock fenders.

View attachment 241412
So, I finally pulled the trigger on the standard (non hi-line) Gen Right Aluminum fenders and had them powder coated. Now I'm trying to have them mounted with the Inner fenders and I am looking for some images from under the hood after the inner fenders have been installed. Does anything have to go? Like the windshield washer reservoir, or cruse control . . . I would love to get some images from people who have the inner fenders installed on non-high line fenders.

So, I finally pulled the trigger on the standard (non hi-line) Gen Right Aluminum fenders and had them powder coated. Now I'm trying to have them mounted with the Inner fenders and I am looking for some images from under the hood after the inner fenders have been installed. Does anything have to go? Like the windshield washer reservoir, or cruse control . . . I would love to get some images from people who have the inner fenders installed on non-high line fenders.
I just went outside and took these in the rain for you :). Everything is pretty self explanatory- I made a small strut to hold the back of the washer tank against the “battery” tray.

0444AF1C-73C5-4EA9-804C-5F533A99F03E.jpeg

645FCC30-CEEA-4FBA-9323-2435595FF591.jpeg

0C323CBD-B0AA-49A1-BA97-985E021A8AB6.jpeg

C844A4B2-CA7D-40E2-96D3-C699D973E7DC.jpeg

C1F8FEB4-FCAE-44F1-83FA-04DA361FB3CF.jpeg

02224B06-441B-4BA5-ADD9-24C8883CCB6A.jpeg

379FD654-6650-48EE-AAD3-7A5CF24DB065.jpeg

Mine looked similar to @Dave.R's above when I had the non HL installed. The only thing that I couldn't get to easily fit back in was the stock airbox.

I can get you some photos after work.

The bottom of the stock air box has to go, simply couldn’t make it fit.

The washer as noted above has to move rearward, which will be a problem if your evap in under hood.

Do not follow the directions, you put the inner fender in before the outer, the directions are wrong.

The leds in their kit kinda suck and are a scam, wish I didn’t buy them, get some 3 wire 3/4 leds and an led flasher reay(lm470 is what I used) if you want marker/turn signals on one bulb.

Reactions: Kooper
Koop's Gen Right Side.jpg

So This is the end result. Really happy with the finished project. Gen Right Aluminum Fenders were powder coated and I finally had them mounted over the last week. Thanks for all the help on the under the hood relocation of "stuff". Unfortunately I now have to park it for the harsh salty MN winter! But come spring, I can't wait to get her back on the road.

View attachment 289203
So This is the end result. Really happy with the finished project. Gen Right Aluminum Fenders were powder coated and I finally had them mounted over the last week. Thanks for all the help on the under the hood relocation of "stuff". Unfortunately I now have to park it for the harsh salty MN winter! But come spring, I can't wait to get her back on the road.
and it looks like you have a HELL of a place to park it there in that shop so we'll try to not to feel bad for you! What you going to build in the off-season?

Reactions: MikeE024 and Kooper
Thanks! The shop is my son's, so I'm am lucky that way . . . This off-season, I'd like to add a 3" lift to her! I have Rancho shocks, so I think I would only need springs and maybe some quick release sway bark links. Also, I'd really like to replace the "new" front bumper with a stubby one. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the current bumper looks a little funky with the new fenders IMO.

Does anyone have an opinion on Gen Right Aluminum Fenders? I am looking to reduce some weight (on my TJ :cool: ) and these look like a nice way to accomplish that. Wondering if anyone has experience with these?

Don’t have them but think they look GREAT. Especially like the look of Plumber1’s Jeep

Reactions: MikeE024 and Kooper
Don’t have them but think they look GREAT. Especially like the look of Plumber1’s Jeep

The hardest part was finding the powder coating color that was close to my Electric Lime Green. I love the color of my Jeep but a friend hooked me up with a company called Prismatic Powders. They will send you as many sample chips as you need to try and make a reasonable match.

Reactions: JMT
The hardest part was finding the powder coating color that was close to my Electric Lime Green. I love the color of my Jeep but a friend hooked me up with a company called Prismatic Powders. They will send you as many sample chips as you need to try and make a reasonable match.

Any chance you still have the name of which Prismatic Powder color you used?