Looking for opinions on GenRight aluminum fenders

Looks are very subjective. I stuck a set on my TJ-6 to see how they looked, took them right back off. No one needs that much gap over their tires.
True, I'm also on 37's. I'm mostly going to swap to them for the extra space between the Tire and "Firewall" side of the fender.

I have the tub armor on and the step down from the body line on the hood to the fender just doesn't look great to me.

I have the 4" hi line front, non hi line rear. Used to have the non hi line front until I got 37's. Love the way they look.

Was looking into Poison Spider when I got them originally. Found they were having issues with 'cracking'. Then decided to stop making them instead of fixing the problem.

View attachment 241447
Interesting . . . I was looking into Poison Spyder initially myself; and their web site says they are available in Aluminum or Steel. I pinged them to ask about the Aluminum pricing and when they got back to me they only said they were discontinued due to poor sales volume.

Interesting . . . I was looking into Poison Spyder initially myself; and their web site says they are available in Aluminum or Steel. I pinged them to ask about the Aluminum pricing and when they got back to me they only said they were discontinued due to poor sales volume.
Do you believe they would actually tell you they stopped building them due to a design flaw?

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and B00mb00m
I had a set that I came up with before the GenRight ones and the finish was very poor. Cool idea but they seemed like a rushed product.
How well do aluminum fenders hold up to abuse?
I can’t speak for anything but the GenRight’s but they hold up pretty well to rubs and bouncing off trees. They have a tube edge not a folded over sheet material and hold up great.

Reactions: Brianj5600
Questions:
1) If I wanted roughly the same flare coverage as stock with Rubicon flares would I get the 4" or 6" version?
2) How would I integrate my Savvy sliders?

... Was looking into Poison Spider when I got them originally. Found they were having issues with 'cracking'. Then decided to stop making them instead of fixing the problem.
Only one model from PS had a cracking issue, mine are going on 10 years old and even with multiple impacts against them with some big gouges as evidence, no cracks or problems. One impact against my passenger-side aluminum Poison Spider fender was so hard it wrinkled the tub pretty good right behind where the fender bolts to it.

That said, I consider anything with Genright's name on it top-notch stuff.

Questions:
1) If I wanted roughly the same flare coverage as stock with Rubicon flares would I get the 4" or 6" version?
4”, both because that’s correct and 6” looks a bit excessive.

You’ll likely need to trim the aluminum backer.

Questions:
1) I would go with the 4" unless your state mandates more coverage. The 6" just look ridiculous on the average stock width axle/8" wheel/12.5" tire combo. I was able to see both in person when I picked up my flares at Genright.
2)
genfenfr.jpggenfenrr.jpg

In most cases I would say the difference between 4" and 6" is a smile or and a frown.

it’s hard to tell from the pics I’m seeing online, it would be easier with a few comparison photos of a whole Jeep from different angles with 4” and one with 6”.

to me, from the front view the 6” don’t look too bad. Now, a 6” rear flare may be too much and I’m sure a “6 front and 4” rear wouldn’t look good.

From the few pics I’ve seen online, and from the front view, the 6” reminds me of the old cj2a’s.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
it’s hard to tell from the pics I’m seeing online, it would be easier with a few comparison photos of a whole Jeep from different angles with 4” and one with 6”.

to me, from the front view the 6” don’t look too bad. Now, a 6” rear flare may be too much and I’m sure a “6 front and 4” rear wouldn’t look good.

From the few pics I’ve seen online, and from the front view, the 6” reminds me of the old cj2a’s.
4" Genright Alum front and rear

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

If you want some different views let me know as I with my jeep today but heading back home tommarrow and won't be back up to the cabin till next weekend