Looking for opinions on M/T tires

Do you have any off road time with them? I read a review over on jeep forum (I believe) and the reviewer said that after several off road trips the tires were starting to chunk on him
Just mild forest service roads and a touch of mud here and there. No issues there. But being in the southeast, they probably won't get tested much in the rocks, more mud.

Reactions: tworley
I've got the 33 x 10.5 KM3s. I've got a fair amount of muddy steep areas to navigate and they're pretty good. I've got about 8k miles on them so far and never rotated them, wear looks minimal. They're not the best mud tire, but they're the best streetable mud tire I've had (I've generally stuck to random used mud tires).

I think 10.5" is important for mud too for a lighter vehicle. I'd go narrower than 10.5 if possible. 12.5s seem to float and 10.5s grab a bit more. I might add that I test mud before I go through a section. I go 4 low and sometimes you'll see your front axle completely sink and that's a great time to use reverse or a winch or just a new path. Also I keep aired up in mud.

I’ve got over 100k miles on STT Pros between 3 different jeeps. Sizes 33, 37 and now 35s on my TJ. Excellent on road in any weather condition IL throws at me and performs great off road in our type of muddy, rocky and hilly terrain. They’re extremely quiet for an MT. 14 of 15 balanced with very little weight.

Edit- Can’t get my TJ pic to load for some reason..

2B796595-A245-40C5-A349-E6EC577F9E7C.jpeg

I've been super impressed with the NTB "house brand" Mud Claws 31x 10.5. I waited a year and 4k miles before I commented. They are super loud at highway speeds, but I get zero vibration or wobble. They clean mud off like no other, work great in deep sand and snow also not to mention they are super cheap.
20200116_133600.jpg
20200116_133726.jpg

Wear after 4k miles other photos are new.
20200116_133252.jpg

I’m running BFG KM3’s 33x12.5, pretty damn happy with them, I have about 7000 miles on them. No un-even wear, no re-balancing to this point, rotated once.
I have to agree with you, I run the 35 x17 12.5 almost went cooper but changed my mind and went back for the 5th set of BFG Km2 and then 3 the 3's are fantastic in the rocks (That's all we do) I never lost a tire to side wall damage in many yrs of rock krawling. Never had any cupping did tear of some small chunks in the Hammers but nothing much on a set of Km2. The 3's seem to have a better compound haven't chunked one yet. I really liked the coopers, a friend runs them but they seemed to wear faster than i would like , Micky Thompsons wear while there sitting still.