Looking for opinions on this 2005 LJ

Not a bad price, maybe a tad high.... We just got our '06 LJ Rubicon with Automatic transmission, only slightly less built, and only 57k miles for basically the same price..

Looks okay, seems like a fair starting price, and around $15k would be a better final price.

This Jeep has a lot of pricey upgrades that a Buyer may not want. That audio system cost a bunch, tough to tell what rear speakers are there, but the wakeboard marine pods are at least $200 plus speakers. Loads of other goodies, seat covers, fore extinguishers, lift etc etc. This is a specific Jeep for a specific owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubisohoe
15 and Id have to buy it. Seems if Id come in 3K lower than asking price sellers get all butt hurt these days lol.. Currie springs, arb lockers, these are nice farkels arnt they? anyway...

Reactions: skrelnik
15 and Id have to buy it. Seems if Id come in 3K lower than asking price sellers get all butt hurt these days lol.. Currie springs, arb lockers, these are nice farkels arnt they? anyway...

Yeah, I just updated my post to add some of those goodies.

Yes, ai do agree some owners go ape shit at lowballers, but if you do like this, go in with the price you feel comfortable with.

I have the same LJ, color and mileage are the same as well. I don't have as big of a lift and related parts, but I do have a gr8tops hardtop and I would be happy with $13k for my LJ, if that gives you any color.

Here is a good example of an LJ Rubicon for $14k, has 125k miles and some upgrades. Frame needs to be checked as no pics are posted.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/ludlow-2006-jeep-wrangler-lj/7056099032.html
Screenshot_20200116-195351.jpg

We were watching all the online sales sites for months and came across this one on CraigsList in AZ..

Was it in Tucson? I remember seeing a red LJ pop up for sale around September/October with an $18k asking price. I think the owner was ran an auto shop.

skrelnik, thanks for looking out but your suggesting something wilder than the one I posted when I said I was looking for something a bit milder. I probably worded it wrong.
Am I undersanding your statement, you have a clean no rust LJ with a Gr8top that you are willing to part with. In better condition than the west cost one I happened across? ARB'ed Data 44's Currie lift around 100,000 mi for 13K ,, Lets talk.

Jim is looking for a clean, no rust ever LJ, prefer under 100Kmi, prefer a nice lift, mild mods a bonus. Rubi a bonus but not required. I do not want to go larger than a 33 10.5 rubber, prefer 16" wheels. Mods are not necessarily a deal barker. bolt on rusted out chrome crap, cut up, crappie lift gone wrong, any rust even " its just surface rust" I'm not so interested. I'm still looking.
I just want the one :)

skrelnik, thanks for looking out but your suggesting something wilder than the one I posted when I said I was looking for something a bit milder. I probably worded it wrong.
Am I undersanding your statement, you have a clean no rust LJ with a Gr8top that you are willing to part with. In better condition than the west cost one I happened across? ARB'ed Data 44's Currie lift around 100,000 mi for 13K ,, Lets talk.

Jim is looking for a clean, no rust ever LJ, prefer under 100Kmi, prefer a nice lift, mild mods a bonus. Rubi a bonus but not required. I do not want to go larger than a 33 10.5 rubber, prefer 16" wheels. Mods are not necessarily a deal barker. bolt on rusted out chrome crap, cut up, crappie lift gone wrong, any rust even " its just surface rust" I'm not so interested. I'm still looking.
I just want the one :)

Funny, I was looking for random LJs and that one looked as wild as the one you posted.

Sorry for the confusion on my LJ. I am not not selling it but, if I was, I would list it for $15k and probably take $13k. Just trying to put you into the mind of a seller with a similar Jeep, but way less mods. I have a better audio system and hardtop, but that other Jeep you posted had me beat on the lift and related parts.

The first three don't look like what the OP is seeking. One has a rebuilt title, they are all automatics, and the 4th is close, so curious to read what @snowpig32 has to say.

Thanks for the input, appreciate the attention, that was a cool response.
I think I have seen most of these
1- 06,120Kmi, 12500$, Eight owners, auction block 6 times no hard top, silly lift maybe for 9K 10K, no way 12500. its been my experience even though dealers boast of there service its hard if not impossible to get them to give you accurate pictures from underneath, its always,,, when do you want to test drive and we have these extra buying fees. Not that theirs not good dealers out there, I just haven't come across any that hasn't elevated the LJ 2-3k of market price. just my opinion and would liked to be proven wrong. Its hard to see past the spry coatings on frame they spray on the frames to make them look, what like fancy makeup and push up braw, a little discouraging once you get them home. sorry it was funnier in my mind.
2- 04, 100Kmi, 10995K$ Rebuilt, soft top, pass for that kind of money.
3- 04,148Kmi, 9500K Black :-(, worn out soft top, least the windows, Anything but black for me, a bit higher millage than Im really looking for.
4- 04, 122Kmi, 17500K mostly rebuilt, remanufactured, and nice mods. 4:88's for 33;s might be spinning the 4.0 a bit fast I dunno. I dig the hard top, Spoke to the owner Mike when he posted, nice fellow, straight shooter, rusty spot on the frame at the back, he mentioned it was not an issue given the location of corrosion, I shied away.
1579309775209.png

Its been my experience once rust in found in one spot it's like its cancer that never goes into remission. I may circle around and ask more questions but I get he needs what he needs as far as price.
At the time I was talking with Mike the owner of this LJ I believe, I was looking, working on a LJR W factory hard top out of Colorado, the owner drug me along form October to first week in January 2020, he is a pilot working out of Hawaii, they were moving so he wasn't home much and I didn't want to pressure him, a note every week or so making sure we were on track, fist Thanksgiving, then Christmas, we planned on flying out and driving back . Anyway I thought we had a square deal done for 15K. Dude sold it to his neighbor Jan 3, or so he said., meah long distance relationships are hard.

Jim still looking :)
I just want the one.