Looking for opinions on transfer case skid plates

Thanks. If one uses the UCF LoPro transmission mount then they could gain more clearance with the ultra clearance UCF skid. I really like that the Savvy skid is separate from the crossmember but for the money, UCF offers 3 TC skids. Barnes one is a good one too. If I didn’t go tuck, I would do the Barnes skid. During Black Friday they’re we’re ridiculously cheap.
There’s not much difference in cost between Savvy and UCF. Both run around $900-950 for aluminum TCase and a Engine skid, including the lo-pro mount for the UCF. I like both, but the separate crossmember makes Savvy my preferred

Reactions: jazngab
I went with UCF extra clearance skid systems as well. Pretty pleased with the results, but wish I would've spent the extra 100 or so on the Savvy for the trans cross member set up. I ended having to do all the clearance concerns (MML, exhaust work, etc.) regarding the Savvy while doing the UCF. Had I known this, would've def ordered Savvy. According to the info on the UCF extra clearance, I thought I wouldn't have to deal with those clearance issues.
20191221_121143_HDR.jpg
20191221_120800_HDR.jpg

Reactions: jazngab and JMT
There’s not much difference in cost between Savvy and UCF. Both run around $900-950 for aluminum TCase and a Engine skid, including the lo-pro mount for the UCF. I like both, but the separate crossmember makes Savvy my preferred
I didn’t realize they were both similar in price for the full skid system. I had bought the engine skid and TC skid separately a year apart.

I went with UCF extra clearance skid systems as well. Pretty pleased with the results, but wish I would've spent the extra 100 or so on the Savvy for the trans cross member set up. I ended having to do all the clearance concerns (MML, exhaust work, etc.) regarding the Savvy while doing the UCF. Had I known this, would've def ordered Savvy. According to the info on the UCF extra clearance, I thought I wouldn't have to deal with those clearance issues.
View attachment 136277View attachment 136278
I was able to clear most of the exhaust. Only had two spots that contacted. One was the front passenger CA mount on the frame and the second was contacting my rear track bar. Minor modifications were needed to bend the exhaust just a small amount. The exhaust shop didn’t even charge me.

I was able to clear most of the exhaust. Only had two spots that contacted. One was the front passenger CA mount on the frame and the second was contacting my rear track bar. Minor modifications were needed to bend the exhaust just a small amount. The exhaust shop didn’t even charge me.
I had those 2 issues as well but also had "domino" issues. Already had Savvy 1.25" body lift, which is 1 of 2 requirements for UCF extra clearance, so I thought is was good. Not so much. Had to do MML...called UCF during skid install to see why...Matt didn't know why. Je said they've done lots of extra clearance before but that every rig is different. After MML my 3rd cat was smashed into my floor board. So, exhaust shop had to address 3 areas. I actually waited for exhaust work until I installed my Genright gas tank, knowing I would have exhaust clearance issues from that as well. This way all could be addressed at same time.

When doing the belly skid I really think steel is a better route than aluminum. If you put the weight of the jeep on an aluminum skid on rocks it is going gouge way more than steel. Granted my steel skid from Genright is HEAVY, it does skid on rocks though.

When doing the belly skid I really think steel is a better route than aluminum. If you put the weight of the jeep on an aluminum skid on rocks it is going gouge way more than steel. Granted my steel skid from Genright is HEAVY, it does skid on rocks though.
I think it’s been clearly shown that the aluminum Savvy skid can support the whole weight of the Jeep. I have no doubt the UCF 3/8” aluminum can as well, and the weight savings is worth it in my estimation

Reactions: TJTJ04