Looking for options to replace my current halogen tail, brake, and reverse lights

jsfoster75

TJ Enthusiast
(Sorry if this is a double-posting, can't find the one I tried to post in another section)

Looking for options to replace my current Halogen (OEM) tail/brake/reverse lights on my 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Thoughts?

Would like to replace the entire unit but am not coming across much (Found this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CC22NM/?tag=wranglerorg-20) to replace the assembly, and most of the LED bulbs are saying they might require an in-line diode to stop any hyper flash.

Has anyone had success with a direct replacement bulb that they would recommend? Looking for something that will provide plenty of light when in reverse also.

I replaced my OEM lens with "Rampage Product # 5307" Euro style lenses I think I bought them at Quadratec for under $30 closeout . Then replaced the stock bulbs with LED bulbs (tail, turn, back up). Purchased them @ Amazon. Then I had to replace the turn signal relay (flasher). No big problems. But, the back up lights are white bright LED's but I find them Just OK .. Not flame throwers or flood/fog lights - if that's what you want I would suggest to go with additional light units. The problem with the stock bulb back-up light is that it does not face rear but side ways in the light unit. The tail lights and brake/turn are LED bright and I am really ok with that. Realize they are not the POPULAR LED style lights, and I wanted to keep Old School OEM sort of look, but different from all the other JEEPERS with more rear safety when driving on interstate. I have attached a few pics. Hope this gives you something to think about. Good Luck.

Rampage Product 5307 Taillight ConversonKit wEuroLenses 45dollars.jpg

Euro style tail.jpg

tail lights .jpg

You have a few options...You have the option to go with stock replacement housings from Quadratec, Omix Ada, etc. They are decent quality but no better than stock.

Quadratec Standard Incandescent Tail Lamps

You have the "euro style" lens options listed above. No clue why they call them that, they are not euro-like in the slightest. European stuff has a separate amber turn signal rather than blinking the high filament of the tail/brake bulb (red). Regardless, the "euro" lenses are a cheap way to boost output of the incandescent bulbs because they have a better reflector design for distributing the light of the bulb. So, a bit better than stock.

"Euro Style" Tail Light Lenses

You could do a full LED replacement from Quadratec. IMO, this is the best choice as they are super bright, plug and play, and not much more expensive than other options. Especially since they come with the proper flasher to make the turn signal blink correctly. Overall MUCH better than stock.

Quadratec LED Kit

If you do hard wheeling and need something sturdy and low profile, the Savvy Off-Road tail lights are hard to beat. They are similar to the Quadratecs, but are only about 1" thick and are built into an aluminum housing, so they are super strong and unlikely to ever be damaged. They do have caveats though, they are larger so they require relocating the license plate downward (not such a big deal) but they also require providing your own license plate light, which can be a bit of a pain to deal with. They are also not plug and play, so you have to wire them up and due to the low profile of the lights, can be a bit of a pain in the ass to wire up. Good lights though.

Savvy Off-Road Tail Lights

You have a few options...You have the option to go with stock replacement housings from Quadratec, Omix Ada, etc. They are decent quality but no better than stock.

Quadratec Standard Incandescent Tail Lamps

You have the "euro style" lens options listed above. No clue why they call them that, they are not euro-like in the slightest. European stuff has a separate amber turn signal rather than blinking the high filament of the tail/brake bulb (red). Regardless, the "euro" lenses are a cheap way to boost output of the incandescent bulbs because they have a better reflector design for distributing the light of the bulb. So, a bit better than stock.

"Euro Style" Tail Light Lenses

You could do a full LED replacement from Quadratec. IMO, this is the best choice as they are super bright, plug and play, and not much more expensive than other options. Especially since they come with the proper flasher to make the turn signal blink correctly. Overall MUCH better than stock.

Quadratec LED Kit

If you do hard wheeling and need something sturdy and low profile, the Savvy Off-Road tail lights are hard to beat. They are similar to the Quadratecs, but are only about 1" thick and are built into an aluminum housing, so they are super strong and unlikely to ever be damaged. They do have caveats though, they are larger so they require relocating the license plate downward (not such a big deal) but they also require providing your own license plate light, which can be a bit of a pain to deal with. They are also not plug and play, so you have to wire them up and due to the low profile of the lights, can be a bit of a pain in the ass to wire up. Good lights though.

Savvy Off-Road Tail Lights

Awesome, thanks for the info, I ended up ordering these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CC22NM/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Tail Lights.jpg