Looking for rear Antirock opinions

Lonewolf

TJ Enthusiast
Im in the process of re doing the rear end on my jeep with a dana 44 with new brackets and I am thinking about upgrading to a rear antirock. I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on if it was worth it or not? Is there any measurable gain over stock? I have a short arm lift lift with 3.5 coils but will upgrade to longer shocks and currie 4 in coils in the near future.

Do you already have the front? Definitely wouldn't buy the rear before getting the front. I do have the front also. Though may eventually replace it with the sway lock which is better.

I do have the rear installed, but mainly got it because I have a Currie 60 rear and the OEM sway bar wouldn't fit. At one point I did snap the rear sway bar, so at least that shouldn't happen with the anti rock.

Reactions: Lonewolf
I don't think I would recommend a rear Antirock until the shocks are outboarded.
Why is that?

I have a somewhat related question. I had my shop (don't have shop space, so I farm some parts out) order and install a rear antirock. They were suppose to do the outboarding at the same time but ran out of time. I also didn't specify, cause I didn't know any better, but the TJ rear antirock mounts behind the axle and is directly in the way of where you should outboard the shocks. I've seen some others who have their mounted in front of the rear axle, which is out of the way, but I guess this is more of an adapted universal kit. I might have to flip mine, but what parts would I need to do so?

Why is that?

For the reasons you stated. The outboard occupies the same space as the rear Antirock. And it is very common that the AR arms need to be reshaped to fit over new shock mounts.

Thanks for the prompt reply. That makes sense. I wonder which kit is used by the guys that mount it in front of the axle. I am probably going to redo mine this way. Live and learn.