Looking for recommendations on an LJ trail cover (over soft top)

Rick2004LJ

TJ Enthusiast
I need a Trail Cover for my LJ but want one that fits over OEM Soft Top - most are made to work only with no top on the jeep. Is there such an animal out there? I have had no luck finding one.
Any help appreciated.

I need a Trail Cover for my LJ but want one that fits over OEM Soft Top - most are made to work only with no top on the jeep. Is there such an animal out there? I have had no luck finding one.
Any help appreciated.

Don't think you'll find one. They will work with a bikini top however. I had the bestop trail cover and used that with a bikini top in summer time

Reactions: Chris
It seems to me there are two reasons they say the trail cover will not fit with a soft top
1-the soft top has a header bar and the trail cover might get tight there
2-the trail covers (at least the Bestop) snap into the tub rail like a soft top window does.

My old (from PO) Bestop trail cover will fit with my bikini top on with header bar so number 1 above should not be a problem with the trail cover. If you don't have soft top windows in there should also be no problem with number 2 either. I have not tried it but I believe my trail cover would fit over my soft top without the windows and provide very good protection.

You might be able to pay a sail shop or a heavy sewing shop for a custom canvas cover. Wouldn't be cheap but you could have it made to your specifications

Any help appreciated.
I have a Rain Gear Cover made by a small company in Utah for my TJ that is designed to be used with the soft top on. It is a bummer that they don't make on for the LJ that can be used with the soft top on. There product is really well made.

Reactions: Irun
I have a Rain Gear Cover made by a small company in Utah for my TJ that is designed to be used with the soft top on. It is a bummer that they don't make on for the LJ that can be used with the soft top on. There product is really well made.

Is this cover water proof. If so where would I get it?

Bestop trail cover over my Trektop NX w/all windows on.

EB587469-752E-484B-A33F-3E2C9850B675.jpeg

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I have the Bestop Trail cover also, it easily fits over my Trektop NX but I don't think it would fit on an OEM as the rear is "fastback" and not straight up like an OEM top.

Reactions: Apparition