North Carolina Looking for shop in Charlotte, NC

Kdubyah86

Looking for a shop to fix my 97 2.5L manual transmission tj. Came out of work and jeeps starts and runs and got me home but rpms are erratic in neutral and in gear & oil guage reads zero. I've tried a few things but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

• VID_34170205_181708_606.mp4
    22.2 MB
I haven’t lived in Charlotte in over 10 years, but there used to be a place out on Tryon called Tarheel 4WD. They were great but not cheap. CMD near south Blvd used to be good and reasonable too. I think Almar might be your best bang for the buck to get back on the road.

I’m in Charlotte area as well. Following to hopefully learn about a few decent places to take Jeep if I ever need

I had my fuel tank replaced at H&H Automotive in South End by the intersection of south blvd and east blvd. They were reasonably priced and did good work. They work on tons of 4x4s and they have been around since the 50s

Anybody else have any other recommendations?

Anyone have any luck with 4 Wheel Parts or Primal?

I am looking for a regear and while in there I want to do a super 35 w/ locker as well.

Freedom 4wd is closed, and not accepting any new work. Their mechanic Scott Schwabe opened his own shop in Iron Station. Scott had re-geared my LJ, and no complaints. He has a lot of experience with Jeeps.

Primal 4x4 has a brand new shop off South Blvd, and they are getting into fabrication. I haven't used them in a while but they are good guys who will do you right.

There is a new shop in Charlotte, Outlaw Offroad which has other locations in NC. I recently had them re-gear my Gladiator and they did a great job.

Personally I would avoid 4WheelParts because they charge insane rates and you'd get better service elsewhere.