Looking for some good metal music

LOL Leo has some talent no doubt, his covers are worth a listen. I never thought I would listen to WAP in any format, I was wrong, his made me laugh.

Trivium...forgot about them for a min.

can't believe this thread went 44 posts without mentioning Trivium.

I grew up on Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath...never did get into the growling/screaming stuff. I like the guitar, bass and drum work I hear in metal, but I like a singer, so I don't listen to a whole lot of modern metal bands outside of a few select albums like Trivium's Silence in the Snow. I enjoy Killswitch Engage when they sing (awesome cover of Holy Diver), but again...they scream too much. A7X even wears on me after a bit but at least the vocals have a melody and discernible lyrics. I really enjoy their Nightmare album.

I grew up with ice-t and don't always agree with him politically but if you haven't listened to body count I recommend them

Their last two records were fantastically produced. I'll argue that it's their best material to date. But as with anything art and music, it's subjective.

Great song. To me, as an old school metal guy, I consider it metal. Its just a modern take on it. Too bad most of the guys who grew up on say late 80's or early 90's metal can't accept the progression. Change is a constant. ✌️
Your right. I still listen to the new stuff, but to me, it seems soft and then there is a huge jump up to the harder stuff. I struggle to find my niche in todays music.

My kid is into some heavy shit but I found them trying to find a compromise.

Parkway drive.

70BF7129-4F7F-4798-9FB8-60E41774F513.jpeg

2F307AD2-BBEB-4A0E-AB9F-5D156B966A7B.jpeg

6ED6E4AD-B538-4CD7-B7C1-D67FD48F5E47.jpeg

Your right. I still listen to the new stuff, but to me, it seems soft and then there is a huge jump up to the harder stuff. I struggle to find my niche in todays music.
I think it's literally because I've been playing music since I was 19 and haven't stop playing and attending shows. Even to this day, with the exception of Covid, of course.

Even as metallic music transitioned through the years, it's not till I go back and revisit the old bands I grew up with that I realize how much things have progressed or blended.

End of the day, to me, its the energy that the artists put into their music, no matter the decade. If I feel it in their recording or at their live show, that's what keeps me stoked on music and looking for new jams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1o1proof
can't believe this thread went 44 posts without mentioning Trivium.

I grew up on Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath...never did get into the growling/screaming stuff. I like the guitar, bass and drum work I hear in metal, but I like a singer, so I don't listen to a whole lot of modern metal bands outside of a few select albums like Trivium's Silence in the Snow. I enjoy Killswitch Engage when they sing (awesome cover of Holy Diver), but again...they scream too much. A7X even wears on me after a bit but at least the vocals have a melody and discernible lyrics. I really enjoy their Nightmare album.
I have my limit as well, i never got into killswitch engage or A7x, just didn’t mesh with my ear, I tried, but it just wasn’t for me. Maybe I’m just getting old.