WTB: Looking for someone to do a complete LS1 conversion on my 2003 Jeep Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badlands

Looking for someone who can do a V8 ls1 conversion on my 2003 Jeep TJ Rubicon. I heard of a guy on here doing it in Oregon but now cannot find his info, if anyone knows of him or of anyone that can do a nice clean conversion please get back to me at [email protected]

DSC_0238 (1).JPG

Reactions: Starrs
I'd rather have an LS engine any day over a Hemi. Not even a question about that.

I'd probably swap in an LS3 from a 2010-2015 Camaro.

Reactions: DWR
Looking for someone who can do a V8 ls1 conversion on my 2003 Jeep TJ Rubicon. I heard of a guy on here doing it in Oregon but now cannot find his info, if anyone knows of him or of anyone that can do a nice clean conversion please get back to me at [email protected]

View attachment 107300
That’s one good looking Jeep. I’m going to deduct one point For the bumper jack on the hood though.

Yeah, not everybody can handle the "badassnes" of the Hemi? lol

Last edited:
How much does an aluminum block modern hemi cost? Is there even such thing?

LS1 weighs a little less than 460lbs fully dressed with oil. Novak list the aluminum LS at 407. I would do aluminum block for about a 100 lbs weight reduction.

I am seeing a lot of aluminum block 5.3 V8 conversions and the Mopar 5.9 conversion as well, I liked the idea of an LS swap because, well as the saying goes.....GO BIG OR GO HOME.....lol, also I saw one in a TJ and it is pretty sweet looking under the hood! I have also been looking at the supercharger for the the 6 cylinder, half the price, almost as much horsepower and it's a pretty easy bolt on you can do yourself. I went with 5.13 gearing and one ton drive lines so it can definitely handle the horsepower.

If it was me, I'd get ahold of Kevin @ American Vintage 4x4 In Idaho , outside of Bosie..

Ya know I'm just yank'n your chain. I personally love all makes of vehicles, none of them are perfect and they all have their own personalities. The LS is a Hell of an engine.

Ya know I'm just yank'n your chain. I personally love all makes of vehicles, none of them are perfect and they all have their own personalities. The LS is a Hell of an engine.
Yeah, this is about my 8th Jeep, If I still had my shop I would just do it myself and save a boat load of money but we are traveling full time now, so I find it hard to do big projects on the road.

I am seeing a lot of aluminum block 5.3 V8 conversions and the Mopar 5.9 conversion as well, I liked the idea of an LS swap because, well as the saying goes.....GO BIG OR GO HOME.....lol, also I saw one in a TJ and it is pretty sweet looking under the hood! I have also been looking at the supercharger for the the 6 cylinder, half the price, almost as much horsepower and it's a pretty easy bolt on you can do yourself. I went with 5.13 gearing and one ton drive lines so it can definitely handle the horsepower.
Get the LS, any size I have a gen IV 5.3 but is I would do it again would go withthe LS III. Easier as Chev didnt make an LS IV with a standard tranny, different if you are going with an auto... hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.