Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Antirock

Don Ashcraft

TJ Enthusiast
I've been spending the past year checking off repairs, maintenance and upgrades that I planned and have finally got the time for. The next few things on my list are shocks, BDS coil springs, and possibly a Currie Anti-rock sway bar.

As of now I've got new Rancho shocks and a 2" BB so I'm think the sway bar should be next but I may change of the shocks first...I'm not sure yet. I thought about just getting some quick disconnects but it seems like a sway bar upgrade is just a better option. What I was hoping for is some thoughts on the anti-rock sway bar on a TJ with 2"BB and 31" tires.

Has anyone had a similar set up ?

I also need to take and post some pics. I've been bad about documenting all the work I've been doing.

Read the first post in the linked thread. I have run all of them. :)
Just finished the post. That was super helpful. Seems like the SwayLOC is smarter. It'd probably move my plan down the road with the extra cost vs the anti rock though. Either way it seems like I'm better off skipping quick disconnects. Thanks man!

Last edited:
The Antirock is great but does allow for more roll. For a daily driver, the swayloc is absolutely the better product. But I would question the value of either for 31s. Not that either couldn't be useful over disconnects, just that if you have to ask the question...

I’ve had both, I can tell you that the SwayLOC is far superior to the Antirock.
It sounds like it for sure. I'll have to do some saving either way. Unless I come across a price I can't pass up for a used one that is.
The Antirock is great but does allow for more roll. For a daily driver, the swayloc is absolutely the better product. But I would question the value of either for 31s. Not that either wouldn't be useful, just that if you have to ask the question...
That was something I was kinda curious about too. I have zero desire to go with quick disconnects though. The 2006 SE came without a rear sway bar installed so I already have some body roll, especially after I added corner armor. I was thinking front and rear anti rocks would probably be an improvement from where its at and let me not have to deal with zip ties and reconnecting, etc.
There may be 32" tires in the future, but not likely. With having the 2.4l engine 2" with 31s is good for most everything I do.

Reactions: Chris
So is there anyone running front and rear Antirock or swayloc front/antirock rear? I liked the idea of the rear, but I'm not so sure about cutting my tub. Especially living in Michigan with our salty winters.

So is there anyone running front and rear Antirock or swayloc front/antirock rear? I liked the idea of the rear, but I'm not so sure about cutting my tub. Especially living in Michigan with our salty winters.
There's little benefit to be had by a rear antirock over stock swaybar on a build that won't see over 33" tires

That was what I was curious. My SE didn't ship with a rear sway bar from the factory, only the front. So I was assuming the rear was more of an option in general.
Consider installing a stock rear sway bar.

For the front-end I have a 2.4L SE, with 2.5" lift and 31" tires. I decided to go with the quick disconnects. The reason is that many claimed that Antirock has noticeable more body roll on road, so since it is my daily driver I decided to not go this way. As far as Sway Loc, I didn't even consider it, since my budget didn't allow it. If I had the $$ I would choose Sway Loc for sure. (Based on reviews/suggestions on this forum)

For the front-end I have a 2.4L SE, with 2.5" lift and 31" tires. I decided to go with the quick disconnects. The reason is that many claimed that Antirock has noticeable more body roll on road, so since it is my daily driver I decided to not go this way. As far as Sway Loc, I didn't even consider it, since my budget didn't allow it. If I had the $$ I would choose Sway Loc for sure. (Based on reviews/suggestions on this forum)
I've got a front anti rock coming this week.

My TJ is my daily driver too. Have you driven yours with the links disconnected? I removed the front sway bar after driving a few days with it disconnected because the ride quality was way better IMO. It was not hard for me to decide on going with the antirock after that.
Its certainly not cheap but cheaper than the swayloc and it has less moving parts which usually means less points of failure in my experience. It also seems to be more in line with what I want, better ride quality, safer than no sway bar, and ease of use. Also, I really like the fact there is no step between going from street to off road with the antirock over the swayloc.

We'll see how it works out. I have a lot more body roll now with the Rancho shocks installed too so I'm planning to swap them out as soon as I can swing it.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Did you install a stock rear sway bar to your SE?

I've got a front anti rock coming this week.

My TJ is my daily driver too. Have you driven yours with the links disconnected? I removed the front sway bar after driving a few days with it disconnected because the ride quality was way better IMO. It was not hard for me to decide on going with the antirock after that.
Its certainly not cheap but cheaper than the swayloc and it has less moving parts which usually means less points of failure in my experience. It also seems to be more in line with what I want, better ride quality, safer than no sway bar, and ease of use. Also, I really like the fact there is no step between going from street to off road with the antirock over the swayloc.

We'll see how it works out. I have a lot more body roll now with the Rancho shocks installed too so I'm planning to swap them out as soon as I can swing it.
I haven't driven on road with the links disconnected. Maybe I should have done it before purchasing disconnects. I might try it though.

I am interested to know if you like it when you install it! Have fun with it

Reactions: Don Ashcraft