Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Antirock

In soft mode mine is set to be nearly identical to where the Antirock was, so no difference that I can perceive. The difference is in what it does in street mode. I like it much more than the AR on pavement.
Was curious since with the swayloc one might be able to run on a looser setting due to the firmer bar for on road.

Last edited:
Was curious since with the swayloc one might be able to run on a looser setting due to the former bar for on road.
I strongly suspect that the Swayloc in soft is a close match to the current RockJock Antirock settings. Meaning, one can't go softer than the second hole on the old Currie AR.

I strongly suspect that the Swayloc in soft is a close match to the current RockJock Antirock settings. Meaning, one can't go softer than the second hole on the old Currie AR.
I have a first gen AR. I really can't tell a difference between any of the holes so I keep it in the middle. (there's a joke in there somewhere but I'm too tired to point it out)

I dunno who told you that but stop listening to them. As one who has driven 99% on the road with two different Antirock equipped TJs over the past 15+ years I have to call absolutely pure Bullshit on that wild baseless claim. Even while towing my pop-up tent trailer on winding mountain roads. My TJ with a 4" Currie lift and 35" tires handles just fine, so much so that no one is honking their horns behind me... as in I keep up with traffic on such roads with zero unsafe handling traits or problems.
I told me that lol.

I almost lost control of my Jeep the other day on an entrance ramp to I-10. It was wet and the rear broke loose somewhere around 30-40 mph. When I tried to countersteer and correct the slide, the excess body roll from the antirock made it extremely difficult to recover. I'll agree that the antirock is fine for 98% of daily driving.

The thing is, it's fine, until it isn't. A little extra body roll while daily driving never bothered me, but having poor handling in the moment when it is needed the most is scary. I'll be switching out my antirock for a swayloc soon, since my TJ is my daily driver.

I told me that lol.

I almost lost control of my Jeep the other day on an entrance ramp to I-10. It was wet and the rear broke loose somewhere around 30-40 mph. When I tried to countersteer and correct the slide, the excess body roll from the antirock made it extremely difficult to recover. I'll agree that the antirock is fine for 98% of daily driving.

The thing is, it's fine, until it isn't. A little extra body roll while daily driving never bothered me, but having poor handling in the moment when it is needed the most is scary. I'll be switching out my antirock for a swayloc soon, since my TJ is my daily driver.
My bet is the Antirock had absolutely nothing to do with what happened there.

Been DD'ing with a front antirock on the loosest setting and no rear sway bar for at least 30,000 miles at this point. I lean it over damn near 45* every time I drive it and usually pull a tire or two off the ground in corners. Damn right it's not safe, and I don't recommend anyone follow my lead, but you can't be scared of it, and it's just as easy to learn it's limits as any other setup.

I can also take on ramps at 45-55ish without spinning out into a big ball of flames, so yeah sounds like something else is contributing to your issue

Been DD'ing with a front antirock on the loosest setting and no rear sway bar for at least 30,000 miles at this point. I lean it over damn near 45* every time I drive it and usually pull a tire or two off the ground in corners. Damn right it's not safe, and I don't recommend anyone follow my lead, but you can't be scared of it, and it's just as easy to learn it's limits as any other setup.

I can also take on ramps at 45-55ish without spinning out into a big ball of flames, so yeah sounds like something else is contributing to your issue
You need geometry correction brackets….

Oh I know. I've also got custom tuned foxes, but I don't tune my shocks to fix body roll
Unless you have a very big flutter, by the basic virtue of a decently tuned shock you are mitigating body roll. But even with an overly stupid flutter, it will still catch the body on a hard turn.

Unless you have a very big flutter, by the basic virtue of a decently tuned shock you are mitigating body roll. But even with an overly stupid flutter, it will still catch the body on a hard turn.
well I'm not smart enough to know that. What are you calling a big and an overly stupid flutter?

I've got a flutter, been making it slightly softer the last few times I've had the 2.5s apart as it's a bit harsh on the street. Not sure I know what you mean by catch the body though, I've felt something like that with the LSC's I tested on the front, didn't like it though

well I'm not smart enough to know that. What are you calling a big and an overly stupid flutter?

I've got a flutter, been making it slightly softer the last few times I've had the 2.5s apart as it's a bit harsh on the street. Not sure I know what you mean by catch the body though, I've felt something like that with the LSC's I tested on the front, didn't like it though
Never mind.

Why no rear bar?

I recently installed an Anti-rock and not liking the trip down the freeways. The excess body roll is a little unnerving... I set mine the the stiffest and still not liking it on road. I like the idea behind the Swayloc might just end up going with it in the end.

Still going to try out the AR on the trails this summer and see how that goes.

Reactions: Mr. Bills