Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Antirock

Its a goofy thought that an AR is unsafe... especially when some have mentioned highway driving disconnected.
The bottom line is that the vehicle handles much differently with the softer Antirock than with the original stiffer stabilizer bar. And in some situations, this change in handling makes controlling the vehicle much more challenging having too much body roll. I'm not taking a stab at the Antirock; it's a great product, but it has its appropriate use cases.

I'll leave it at this. If body roll doesn't matter at all in regards to handling and consequently safety, why did Jeep bother putting a sway bar on the TJ in the first place? For decoration?

I'll leave it at this. If body roll doesn't matter at all in regards to handling and consequently safety, why did Jeep bother putting a sway bar on the TJ in the first place? For decoration?
I have 3X as many years driving with an Antirock on two different TJs than you at 21 have driving, period. If my Antirock was even half as bad as you claim it is I wouldn't be driving with one. Maybe your TJ has other issues, I don't know, but my TJ handles fine and is entirely safe on even the curvy mountain roads it is on a lot. I've owned my share of BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses, Triumph sports cars, Datsun/Nissan Roadsters and Z cars, etc. so I know what excellent handling is all about.

Does my current TJ with its 4" Currie suspension, 1" body lift, and 35" tires handle as well as any of them? Of course not. Does it handle entirely safely and without the excessive body roll your far more limited experience with an Anticrock is claiming it exhibits? Yes, I wouldn't drive it if it did not. Don't over-exaggerate something that simply is nowhere what your claims are saying.

Something else caused that event you experienced described as happening while taking that onramp too fast for conditions while on wet roads. Your TJ is unsafe solely because of its Antirock? Pure 100% absolute bullshit.

I have 3X as many years driving with an Antirock on two different TJs than you at 21 have driving, period. If my Antirock was even half as bad as you claim it is I wouldn't be driving with one. Maybe your TJ has other issues, I don't know, but my TJ handles fine and is entirely safe on even the curvy mountain roads it is on a lot. I've owned my share of BMW's, Mercedes, Lexuses, Triumph sports cars, Datsun/Nissan Roadsters and Z cars, etc. so I know what excellent handling is all about.

Does my current TJ with its 4" Currie suspension, 1" body lift, and 35" tires handle as well as any of them? Of course not. Does it handle entirely safely and without the excessive body roll your far more limited experience with an Anticrock is claiming it exhibits? Yes, I wouldn't drive it if it did not. Don't over-exaggerate something that simply is nowhere what your claims are saying.

Something else caused that event you experienced described as happening while taking that onramp too fast for conditions while on wet roads. Your TJ is unsafe solely because of its Antirock? Pure 100% absolute bullshit.
Yeah, I’ve recovered from much worse. This mostly sounds like inexperience. A wrangler without all the electronic stuff (including abs) isn’t something they teach anymore. Fortunately I grew up on treacherous roads with old cars.

Correct. If you are controlling chassis reaction front to back, it would be impossible for that to not also affect side to side.
Got that. A shock will naturally combat/slow body roll. So why a change in tune for a different sway bar? Is it due to allowing the shock to react “faster” since it no longer has to slow the body roll?
if we have a good tuned shock, but have excessive body roll, wouldn’t we need to “stiffen” the shock to help with the body roll?

Got that. A shock will naturally combat/slow body roll. So why a change in tune for a different sway bar? Is it due to allowing the shock to react “faster” since it no longer has to slow the body roll?
if we have a good tuned shock, but have excessive body roll, wouldn’t we need to “stiffen” the shock to help with the body roll?
Do you have excessive body roll with a well tuned shock? Have you run well tuned shocks?

Do you have excessive body roll with a well tuned shock? Have you run well tuned shocks?
No to both. I do not have tuned shocks yet. Soon though. I run a stock sway bar. I have no complains of body roll on road. I am just exploring options on a solution for off road.
what changes in a shock tune between the two aftermarket sway bars?

No to both. I do not have tuned shocks yet. Soon though. I run a stock sway bar. I have no complains of body roll on road. I am just exploring options on a solution for off road.
what changes in a shock tune between the two aftermarket sway bars?
Proving out my sig, eh?

😀

6B36A8DC-1CD0-4F73-A195-B1FB19F13808.gif