Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Antirock

So is there anyone running front and rear Antirock or swayloc front/antirock rear? I liked the idea of the rear, but I'm not so sure about cutting my tub. Especially living in Michigan with our salty winters.
No need for either on 31's. If you get to 33's or more then I'd think about AR front. Rear is related to other things like a mid-arm.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
No need for either on 31's. If you get to 33's or more then I'd think about AR front. Rear is related to other things like a mid-arm.
Thats what I was gathering. I do drive on the highway from time to time so I want some extra stability for that. I kinda hate the stock sway bar lol.

My SE came with a stock rear sway bar. I bought some longer rear sway bar end links, when I installed the lift.
Crazy. So mine is an '06 SE and from everything I could find the SEs from '04 to '06 didn't come equipped with the rear for added ride comfort. Or at least that's what they claimed lol. I'm sure it had more to do with cost or smoother bottom line item.
I just assumed all the SEs didn't.

I haven't driven on road with the links disconnected. Maybe I should have done it before purchasing disconnects. I might try it though.

I am interested to know if you like it when you install it! Have fun with it
Thanks! Yeah I was going to go the quick dice route too, but someone mentioned how they simply unbolt their standard links when they go wheeling. So I went to see how easily my would unbolt. Super easy. I was just going to do that and reconnect for the street but it was such a smoother ride I just completely removed it.
I'll be sure to throw an update on here when I get it installed.
I really appreciate the insight.

Reactions: TJim
Thats what I was gathering. I do drive on the highway from time to time so I want some extra stability for that. I kinda hate the stock sway bar lol.
I don't mind the stock sway bar at all. It does what it is intended to do.

If you don't have much lift, you will have to cut the links on the AR so you can adjust them to the proper angle.

As many here suggested, go with the factory rear antiswaybar which works fine. I've been running a factory rear antiswaybar with a front Antirock since 2002 or so and love the combination.
Thanks Jerry. That makes a lot of sense. I’ve found a few used stock ones on eBay for a decent price. That might be my next thing I do then. I’ve wondered about adding one for about 2 years now (when I found out there wasn’t one installed 😂)
Do you have a brand of rear links you recommend?

np - It's saved me a follow up bend in my currie steering (but it's already bent from last season anyway).
That's why we want the Savvy one, right? It is Aluminum and bends back IIRC, it's 4340 I think

That's why we want the Savvy one, right? It is Aluminum and bends back IIRC, it's 4340 I think

I'd rather bend my tie rod than break something upstream, so at least for me I don't think I want the savvy ultimate setup.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks Jerry. That makes a lot of sense. I’ve found a few used stock ones on eBay for a decent price. That might be my next thing I do then. I’ve wondered about adding one for about 2 years now (when I found out there wasn’t one installed 😂)
Do you have a brand of rear links you recommend?
Antiswaybar links are nothing but a connection between two points, anything will work so long as it can flex where it attaches. I made mine out of threaded "all thread rod" which nearly any hardware store, I believe it was 1/2x20 pitch to match the aftermarket heim joints I bought. There are aftermarket antiswaybar links made for the TJ, just get a pair that are longer than stock by the height of your suspension lift. I don't know specific brands to recommend, they shouldn't be hard to Google or find on Amazon like these at https://www.amazon.com/s?k=heim+joi...joint+1/2+,aps,223&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_15 and then get your all thread rod at your local hardware store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Ashcraft
I ordered a used rear sway bar off eBay since most the feedback agreed and my TJ didn’t have one when I got it. So much information out there on front sway bars but not as much on rears. I’ll be installing it tomorrow when it arrives but this morning I had YouTube suggest a video that makes a great argument for having one. Figured I’d share it since it’s really straight forward.

Reactions: TJim