Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Antirock

That’s a good question, it could be a non issue!
Them what ignore history are doomed to repeat the mistakes learned.

Early on, there were a lot of folks that considered a bent Currie tie rod from their Helen Keller School of Trail skills method of driving to be a failure. My response was the truth which was John designed it to be a slightly lower strength than it could be in order to prevent upstream damage. Not only that but you got home with little more than some press work to get back on the trails. I was soundly ignored and accused of a lot of heinous things least of which was sticking up for shoddy products.

So, I said fine, you want an unbendable tie rod? Here you go, do not call me when you break something else, but you won't bend your silly tie rod because you can't drive.

Ok. If this is how you are going to be, then get ready to explain things.
It was just an issue of the guy had no interferences I could see that merited a rear AR. You’d have to have a wonky setup on 2” lift and 31’s to have some interference that merited considering a rear AR. It’s a way of communicating: presenting a scenario as so outside a person’s experience that it negates further consideration.

It was just an issue of the guy had no interferences I could see that merited a rear AR. You’d have to have a wonky setup on 2” lift and 31’s to have some interference that merited considering a rear AR. It’s a way of communicating: presenting a scenario as so outside a person’s experience that it negates further consideration.
Not as wonky as one would think. I've seen several rigs with the 8.8 that the owners put back on 31's to sell them off.

Good. None of that has any relevance to the control arms, so why bring that up.

Good. None of that has any relevance to the control arms, so why bring that up.
Because normally by the time a build has progressed to the point of considering a mid arm, there are so many changes that it might merit a rear AR. If you’re trying to extend your wheelbase, correct for AS, lower instant center, if your rear pinion is tilted up so high due to things like amount of lift and TT causing rear TB to hit the gas tank skid, if you’re unhappy with how much bumpstop you have or want more travel. There are a number of combined factors that may be causing interferences by that point that may merit considering a rear AR. That guy didn’t have anything but a 2” lift, oh, and a 500w amp!

• Face Palm
Reactions: jjvw
Not as wonky as one would think. I've seen several rigs with the 8.8 that the owners put back on 31's to sell them off.
They should have gotten a rear AR! 😉

I recently ordered a currie lift that comes with antirock. Are we saying I should ditch that? its not a daily driver and is being built to offroad.

I recently ordered a currie lift that comes with antirock. Are we saying I should ditch that? its not a daily driver and is being built to offroad.
The rear AR is usually one of the last few things people deal with on a build, the stock is sufficient for most people until it isn't.

Thanks! Yeah I was going to go the quick dice route too, but someone mentioned how they simply unbolt their standard links when they go wheeling. So I went to see how easily my would unbolt. Super easy. I was just going to do that and reconnect for the street but it was such a smoother ride I just completely removed it.
I'll be sure to throw an update on here when I get it installed.
I really appreciate the insight.
Highway driving without sway bar links is dangerous.

401A5D5F-6C73-4313-ADEB-4DA588147B2F.jpeg
Installed the front swaybar and my new springs. Rear sway links come tomorrow.
I really appreciate everyone’s advice and perspectives. Thanks guys!