Looking for tire suggestions

Kmatta84

Supporting Member
What’s a good tire for a 2005? I’m not looking to off road but I want an aggressive looking tire. I had the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx. I went through about 2-3 sets of them in 5 years, 70,000 miles. What is a better tire that will last longer that looks good?

I have ST/Maxx tires on a non-jeep 4x4 I own. I have 34,000 miles on them and expect to get about 5,000 more.

I think you will be hard pressed to find an aggressive AT or an MT tire that will provide more miles than that. If you are looking for a 50,000 mile AT tire you might consider the milder Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT or the venerable BFG All Terrain T/A K02.

What’s a good tire for a 2005? I’m not looking to off road but I want an aggressive looking tire. I had the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx. I went through about 2-3 sets of them in 5 years, 70,000 miles. What is a better tire that will last longer that looks good?

I too have a set of Cooper Discoverer (ATP) on my Dodge Ram 1500 and I just had my third set put on last week and I get about 35-40k out of them. No matter what tire I use, I seem to never get more than 70% out of the mileage warranty. So a 55,000 mile tire, I expect to get roughly 38,000. Anything more than that is a bonus. Besides, from my knowledge, on AT tires, there isn’t a “warranty” but a suggestion of miles you may get out of them due to the nature of use they will subjected to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk