STICKY Looking for used parts for your TJ?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This ought to be a sticky by now, I'm surprised I didn't do this sooner.

If you've never been to http://car-part.com, be sure to bookmark it now.

This website searches a nationwide database of nearly every auto wrecking yard in the United States. You can search by zip code, vehicle, and even drill down to the exact part you're looking for (i.e. hood).

It will then come back with a list of every auto wrecking yard within X miles of you who has that part. Many of them have the condition of the part, the price of the part, and photos as well.

This is an invaluable resource for anyone who is looking for replacement parts for their TJ. I've known about this website for 6 or 7 years now, and I use it quite frequently.

This website searches a nationwide database of nearly every auto wrecking yard in the United States. You can search by zip code, vehicle, and even drill down to the exact part you're looking for (i.e. hood).

It will then come back with a list of every auto wrecking yard within X miles of you who has that part. Many of them have the condition of the part, the price of the part, and photos as well.

This is an invaluable resource for anyone who is looking for replacement parts for their TJ. I've known about this website for 6 or 7 years now, and I use it quite frequently.

Used it many times.

Reactions: bwispy and Chris
Awesome, thanks for the link! I have been looking for 4.11 axles to throw under the Jeep but haven't had any luck. All the axles on that site are crazy expensive or too far away but I will definitely keep checking it out.

Reactions: Chris
Awesome, thanks for the link! I have been looking for 4.11 axles to throw under the Jeep but haven't had any luck. All the axles on that site are crazy expensive or too far away but I will definitely keep checking it out.

Yep, keep an eye on it. Stuff pops up all the time!

And most places are willing to ship via freight as well.

The prices are definitely negotiable, at least they were for me on a face-to-face visit at the salvage yard.

Reactions: StG58
Wanted TJ Mopar Rock Crawler rear bumper
Any leads would be appreciated
6722839005c808cdc8a33928d0a7db6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chief Brohician

This is an invaluable resource for anyone who is looking for replacement parts for their TJ. I've known about this website for 6 or 7 years now, and I use it quite frequently.[

I needed a new engine for my former BMW and a junkyard offered a 1 year limited warranty with free delivery.

Daveysjeeps is great as well. Picked up some overhead speaker pods and other random parts. Communication is great and fast shipping.

The site will also give you the color too in case your watching for a part that you won’t have to paint.

Their website is http://www.daveysjeeps.com/

I've ordered a few parts from them. Their email responses are short and to-the-point; it's kind of funny!
I just went to their site. I haven't ordered anything but I like them already.

"PLEASE CALL/EMAIL AHEAD TO MAKE SURE THE PARTS YOU NEED ARE OFF & READY. OUR HOURS ARE 8-4 M-F: NOT 4:01. DO NOT CALL & TRY TO MAKE IT MY PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE LATE."

LOL

dont hurt to try an negotiate with them, i think some of it is sticker shock, to get you to like pay, 500, instead of 900, when you really could have got it for 350 or 400, but youd pay the 500, cause they listed it at 900. good site, i was looking for a site, like that, but them junk yards need to get more pictures up of the items. hard to buy, without lookin at them. junk yards could make a billion more dollars if they were more sales oriented with pics an availabilty of products that they got.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley