WTB: Looking to buy a U.S. made complete all weather cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam53

TJ Enthusiast
Looking to purchase a us made all weather cover. Would prefer it to completetly cover the entire jeep, not just the cab area, thanks

Cannot recommend a US made cover, but due material and stock availability the way it is right now; locating a US made car cover may be difficult depending upon how soon you want/need the cover.
Purchasing a Ch1n3s3 made cover would be easier, but not desirable.

Cannot recommend a US made cover, but due material and stock availability the way it is right now; locating a US made car cover may be difficult depending upon how soon you want/need the cover.
Purchasing a Ch1n3s3 made cover would be easier, but not desirable.

Matt at Gr8 Tops may have something.

I live in Michigan, and have no room in my garage to park my recently purchased 04 Wrangler from our winter snow. So what I did was used a combo of old Jeep Wrangler covers that I'd accumulated over the years, along with buying cheap temporary plastic clear covers (the kind people use at car shows during light rains). I first put on a fabric Wrangler cover, followed by the one plastic cover, then another fabric cover, then two plastic covers. My thinking was if water made it through the first two plastic covers, that it would be stopped by the third plastic cover. I then topped them all off with one of those cheap silver reflective type vehicle covers. The last thing I did was to make sure the top cover was tight along the bottom in the event of heavy wind. That was paramount because the wind would tear the thin plastic to shreds if it ever got to it.

Edit to add, all fabric covers were advertised as being waterproof at one time, but my experience with them showed that was more theory than fact.

The main downside of my setup was the time it took to put them all on, and the bulk of it all. But I have to say it's kept my Wrangler as dry as dry can be last winter for the approximately five months it was covered. It also saved me several hundred dollars from having to buy one an expensive waterproof/weatherproof type vehicle cover. Now I had thought about buying a ShelterLogic type car tent, but you do have to be concerned about the frame collapsing during heavy snows. I've also thought about one of those metal car ports, but neither idea would thrill my neighbors. So chances are come late fall I'll once again use my multilayer Jeep cover system again. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.