Looking to go thinner?

YellaTJ

Ride of the Month Winner
Hey Jeepers,
Looking on input, I'm currently running 33x12.5x15's and I'm thinking of going thinner.

Should I stick with 33's and do 33x10.5x15's?
Or
Go to 32's and run 32x11.5x15's?

Thanks in advance.

33x1050x15 is a great size to go with if you have the height to clear them properly.

No details available on your Jeep, suspension, engine, transmission, etc. With no information to go by, I'd say if the 33s fit, go with 33 x 10.50 - 15.

Im currently running a 3in lift with widened fender flares. But the 33x12.5's still out beyond my fenders which is technically illegal in the State of Maine. The 12.5's tread sticks out about an inch past the fender.

0602181012_HDR.jpg

With 3" lift I'd run a 32x11.5".
With a 32x11.5 you have a decent selection of tires and you will be very close to having the tires tucked under the flares...

You really need 3.25" minimum lift to clear 33's. If you wanted to add a small spacer, say 0.5" you would be at 3.5" and could easily run 33x10.5's with no worries.

Im currently running a 3in lift with widened fender flares. But the 33x12.5's still out beyond my fenders which is technically illegal in the State of Maine. The 12.5's tread sticks out about an inch past the fender.
Looks like you have plenty of room for the 33s in the fender well. The question is, how much suspension uptravel is there? Too much, and you risk destroying the fender. Do you have any photos of the springs/bumpstops?

Looks like you have plenty of room for the 33s in the fender well. The question is, how much suspension uptravel is there? Too much, and you risk destroying the fender. Do you have any photos of the springs/bumpstops?

My shocks are Mountain Ryders with +2" for the lift. I do have bump stops. And so far the 33's being currently ran don't seem to be close to rubbing my fenders.

I guess my big question is, do I run 11.5 wide or 10.5 wide with my bushwacker fender flares?

If I switch to the 11.5s I'd have to drop from 33s to 32s. But the 11.5s would fill the fender extenders.

Or do I stick with the 33s and run the 10.5, but risk the tires being too narrow to fill the fenders.

I personally like the current set up, but I'm not technically road legal where I live.

I guess my big question is, do I run 11.5 wide or 10.5 wide with my bushwacker fender flares?

If I switch to the 11.5s I'd have to drop from 33s to 32s. But the 11.5s would fill the fender extenders.

Or do I stick with the 33s and run the 10.5, but risk the tires being too narrow to fill the fenders.

I personally like the current set up, but I'm not technically road legal where I live.
Is there really any reasonable chance of you being stopped for tires being 1" outside the flares?

Reactions: StG58
It is hard to tell with your small picture, but I am running 31x10.5x15's and mine stick out almost and inch if not an inch because my rim has a 3.75 BackSpace If I had a more positive rim they would suck in further. I kind of like my tires sticking out a bit and nobody has hassled me yet for it, so I am going to keep on keeping on, but it looks like your rims have a dish to them and I am not positive by the looks of it that a 10.5 will actually suck it into your fender.

Here is what mine looks like with a 2" lift 31x10.5x15's
IMG-0038.JPG

Reactions: YellaTJ
It is hard to tell with your small picture, but I am running 31x10.5x15's and mine stick out almost and inch if not an inch because my rim has a 3.75 BackSpace If I had a more positive rim they would suck in further. I kind of like my tires sticking out a bit and nobody has hassled me yet for it, so I am going to keep on keeping on, but it looks like your rims have a dish to them and I am not positive by the looks of it that a 10.5 will actually suck it into your fender.

Here is what mine looks like with a 2" lift 31x10.5x15's
View attachment 43484
You should have entered that pic in the Ride of the Month contest rather than the garage shot

Reactions: ac_

You can just measure and you’ll know for sure how far they will stick out or suck in. We’re only talking 1” difference if you drop to a 10.5 and 1/2” if you drop to the 11.5.

Reactions: YellaTJ
I did, I competed with you with that picture, and lost! But I don't mind losing to a fine looking Jeep like yours!
Ah heck, I must have been self-consumed during that contest. Sorry! Still love the picture!

Reactions: ac_
Ah heck, I must have been self-consumed during that contest. Sorry! Still love the picture!

Well I am trying like hell to get my CA's finished, so I can take it out for the weekend. I am hoping to get some new better pics this weekend!

Reactions: JMT