Looks like a coolant leak

AllyTexasTJ

So I’ve seen similar post. I’m just wanting to get an opinion. I’ll post the video of the leak. It’s pink so I’m assuming it’s coolant.

It looks like it’s coming from behind the belt. I gauge doesn’t show me over heating and even the the engine was running super hot.

I’ve run it for about 5-8 miles today and it still leaks. I don’t see any coolant on the top of the engine.

not sure if it’s water pump, thermostat, the hoses/clamps,radiator

ugh im stressing.
2006 tj

Attachments

• IMG_4802.MOV
    17.9 MB
A leak from behind the main pulley indicates the water pump is leaking from its weep hole and is on its last legs. Don't delay replacing it or you may get stranded . Avoid store brand water pumps.

The video shows water leaking from the crank pully and not from behind the fan so it isn't necessarily the water pump although it's a good guess. The thermostat housing, water pump and heater hoses are all right above where your leak is. You really need to take a close look from the top and see where the water is coming from if you want to diagnose it yourself. None of those leaks are high dollar fixes unless you drive it out of coolant and it overheats. Make sure you have water in the overflow tank. It's running hot because it isn't holding pressure and it is running out of coolant.

The video shows water leaking from the crank pully and not from behind the fan so it isn't necessarily the water pump although it's a good guess. The thermostat housing, water pump and heater hoses are all right above where your leak is. You really need to take a close look from the top and see where the water is coming from if you want to diagnose it yourself. None of those leaks are high dollar fixes unless you drive it out of coolant and it overheats. Make sure you have water in the overflow tank. It's running hot because it isn't holding pressure and it is running out of coolant.
X100
So I’ve seen similar post. I’m just wanting to get an opinion. I’ll post the video of the leak. It’s pink so I’m assuming it’s coolant.

It looks like it’s coming from behind the belt. I gauge doesn’t show me over heating and even the the engine was running super hot.

I’ve run it for about 5-8 miles today and it still leaks. I don’t see any coolant on the top of the engine.

not sure if it’s water pump, thermostat, the hoses/clamps,radiator

ugh im stressing.
2006 tj
You need to get a bird's eye view of this...it could be any of those things don't just assume it's a water pump.
That said any of those things or just tend to them all are not a difficult fix.

Dripping that fast, it probably is the water pump. Regardless of what it ends up being I would also replace the thermostat if it hasn’t been done in recent history. Being as you’re in hot as Hades Texas I’d do what I could to keep the engine from overheating…

Reactions: Rubicon88
Dripping that fast, it probably is the water pump. Regardless of what it ends up being I would also replace the thermostat if it hasn’t been done in recent history. Being as you’re in hot as Hades Texas I’d do what I could to keep the engine from overheating…
Absolutely.
When getting into that it's good to just freshen everything up right there including hoses. They're probably the original 16 year old rubber.

Mine was dripping in the same spot then it overheated last year and cracked the radiator too. So I ended up replacing it, waterpump and thermostat. Good time to flush the whole system while your at it.

Reactions: Cornbread