Looks like Jeep is now offering performance axle upgrades for the new Wranglers

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Taken from an AutoBlog article:

Mopar is unveiling Jeep Performance Parts axles as the latest off-road accessory to the Jeep Wrangler, which itself won the "4x4/SUV of the Year" honors at SEMA for the ninth consecutive year. The show opens Tuesday and continues through Friday at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Mopar teamed with longtime partner and auto supplier Dana to develop the axles, which are co-branded under the name JPP Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK. They're installed on a Nacho Wrangler concept at Mopar's 15,345-square-foot display.

The high-strength axles are built in the U.S. and feature gear technology that reduces gear set packaging, with added strength and overall rigidity for the trail. The high-clearance carrier design adds an extra half-inch of ground clearance, with an expanded range of gear ratios (4.56, 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38) to accommodate for more tire sizes. Chromoly axle shafts, thicker quarter-inch steel bracket mounts, 9.5-millimeter tubes and upgraded U-joints also add durability, while a nodular iron differential cover adds rugged looks, and its ribbing adds strength and rigidity.

The direct bolt-in assembly allows for use of OEM components and includes electronic differential lockers already installed.

The axles will be available for purchase starting next month.

mopar-jeep-performance-parts-off-road-wrangler-axles-1-2.jpg
mopar-jeep-performance-parts-off-road-wrangler-axles-1.jpg

Sounds awesome, but a new Jeep is already at a ridiculous price point. All the new tech that modern cars have nowadays just inflates the price too much.

Reactions: Jack72
Man, factory gear ratio choices. I'm sure this will be expensive but there will but folks buying this for the JLs.

What is the extra bracket for? (front of axle between the passenger side upper control arm and the pumpkin)

What is the extra bracket for? (front of axle between the passenger side upper control arm and the pumpkin)

Good question. I'm not entirely sure, but it must be for some sort of new feature they've added on the JLs I suspect.

Sounds awesome, but a new Jeep is already at a ridiculous price point. All the new tech that modern cars have nowadays just inflates the price too much.

I posted this before but barring opinions about quality, etc the new JLs are not badly priced.

My 99 Sport with a msrp of 23.5k would be about 36k today (after inflation)

You can definitely buy a JL for 36k and it will have way more features than my 99 TJ.

Took a while but they finally caught on. But I wouldn't be happy if I was still in the gear biz. :mad::DEven though it is likely to be a stupid expensive option, buyers will do it because it is easy to just add it in the financing.

At the rate at which the 4 door models are selling, it looks like they are taking all the popular aftermarket mods (Highline fenders, 2" lift, newer Rubicon bumpers to name a couple, and now gears/axles) offering them as options. Smart move on their side and as @Rob5589 mentioned, people will add it at order time and just finance everything together.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
I wonder if this will cannabalize their rubicon sales. Probably not.. since most people who buy rubicons do it for name only.

But that is awesome to know, I can buy a base rig... and just add the items I want. It could be a way to get rubicon capability without the extra stuff that makes it so expensive.

Taken from an AutoBlog article:

Mopar is unveiling Jeep Performance Parts axles as the latest off-road accessory to the Jeep Wrangler, which itself won the "4x4/SUV of the Year" honors at SEMA for the ninth consecutive year. The show opens Tuesday and continues through Friday at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Mopar teamed with longtime partner and auto supplier Dana to develop the axles, which are co-branded under the name JPP Ultimate Dana 44 AdvanTEK. They're installed on a Nacho Wrangler concept at Mopar's 15,345-square-foot display.

The high-strength axles are built in the U.S. and feature gear technology that reduces gear set packaging, with added strength and overall rigidity for the trail. The high-clearance carrier design adds an extra half-inch of ground clearance, with an expanded range of gear ratios (4.56, 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38) to accommodate for more tire sizes. Chromoly axle shafts, thicker quarter-inch steel bracket mounts, 9.5-millimeter tubes and upgraded U-joints also add durability, while a nodular iron differential cover adds rugged looks, and its ribbing adds strength and rigidity.

The direct bolt-in assembly allows for use of OEM components and includes electronic differential lockers already installed.

The axles will be available for purchase starting next month.

View attachment 60837 View attachment 60838
What axles come in the standard JL?