Losing Coolant & Screech / Whistle Sound Coming From Engine

djaka20

Hi all, I own an '01 TJ with about 85K miles on it. The car was in storage for most of the winter, and I slowly started to notice that my coolant was steadily decreasing even with no visible leak.

I noticed that theirs a slight sweet smell when the heat is on, which leads me to think that the heater core is starting to go (I noticed this last summer but didn't think much of it with the top down at the time).

Now a month or so after pulling out of storage, I began to notice a slight whistling (my best guess is near the passenger/battery - which I checked the vacuum hose and no change) sound when my foot is off the pedal - most forums I read talk about it going up with pressure on the gas.

I've done most tests (carb cleaner) to see any leaks near the manifold but no change in idle RPM.
I popped open the hood today to do a quick check and noticed an entirely new sound, more of a screech than a whistle that came from/near the radiator/fan (at idle).

I noticed some slight dripping from the radiator on the bottom right near the drain plug and condensation falling from the exhaust pipe in the back.

Anyhow, I'm at a loss as to what it could be and thinking of replacing the radiator & heater core but I wanted any advice/thoughts from some more experience forum members...

I attached a bunch of photos/videos for reference - happy to take more if it helps!

Thanks in advance!

tempImageUy1Ao9.png

tempImageIVlbxQ.png

tempImagemKzlJT.png

tempImagema4PUh.png

tempImageYdaqHe.png

The screech is normally anti freeze has saturated the serpentine belt and it needs to be replaced after you fix the coolant leak.....
You can put stick deodorant on it and that may help short term but that’s not the real fix

Reactions: Chris
Disregard that, I just listened to the video, almost sounds like a bearing noise. You can always remove the serp belt and start the motor to see if the noise is gone.That may help isolate the issue.

I know when I started to mysteriously lose coolant it ended up being a blown head gasket.