lost a spring

Tom D

I lost a spring while going through a hole at the Snowbird Jeep Jamboree in Florida. I was impressed with the trail guides (red shirts) who had me back up back over the hole, which droped the tire. They then lifted the jeep with a hi jack, and stuck it back in. better then calling AAA.
on Jamboree

What springs do you have? I recently changed out my Rubicon express 3.5 with 4 inch currie springs because I feared mine would come out also.

Glad to see they helped you out and had you moving again.

Just the stock springs with a 2.5in spacer lift. They said you could buy some kind of retainer clip, but the trail guide said it was just a one in a million chance it came out.
Strangely my jeep only came with 1 retainer clip on the front passenger spring. Or at least only had 1 left by the time I owned it. That would seem to fix it from ever happening again.

How was the trip other then losing a spring.

It was a fun jamboree. Not as challenging as some others, but it was great for Florida.
I don't understand about the shocks. When I bought the jeep it had the spacers and longer shocks.

It was a fun jamboree. Not as challenging as some others, but it was great for Florida.
I don't understand about the shocks. When I bought the jeep it had the spacers and longer shocks.

Might be a good idea to get springs that are the right length instead of running the spacers - will give you a greater extended length before falling out if they are the right brand/type (Currie). Or if you really want to look cool grab some limiting straps lol! He’s saying longer shocks allow more droop than your springs allow, although I disagree about making your shocks the limiting factor - it’s not a bad point.