Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Lots of people selling TJs because of high fuel prices

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
In Australia but if you do a "Yearly fuel Cost" with the higher prices its actually cheaper to keep it and enjoy it.
Given its harder to sell at the moment so selling price has gone down plus high taxes/fees on buying another vehicle they are better off keeping it!

I believe High fuel prices have spooked TJ owners because they are only looking at their "Weekly Fuel spend" and ignoring a selling loss.

Is this happening in US?

Irun

Jeep Addict
Supporting Member
Not seeing it yet. However, if the prices of fuel stay up, I'd expect TJ prices to start falling when people begin dumping them. This seems to happen every time gas goes up.

TheBoogieman

Disturbed American
Supporting Member
In Australia its actually cheaper to keep it and enjoy it.
I feel the same way about wives. I took a huge loss of cash on the last one I traded off to some poor sucker. 🥳
p.s. We've found a solution for high fuel prices here. :unsure: If TJ prices take a dump, I'm buying 2 TJ automatics.
drink don't drive.jpg

Last edited:

freedom_in_4low

Sacred Order of the Coil Spring
Supporting Member
maybe I'm showing my white privilege here, but changing vehicles due to a temporary blip in fuel prices is such a short sighted transaction. I would like to have another vehicle to save fuel with and put miles on, but it would be an additional vehicle, not a replacement. Right now is a horrible time to buy that sort of vehicle though, so I've continued living with my LJ as a DD. I work from home and have put about 8k miles on it since November 2020, including 2200 miles of moving and a road trip to go wheeling.

I get real hardship like losing a job (like mid 2020 when the service industry died of COVID) but I don't think that's happening on a wide scale right now.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
maybe I'm showing my white privilege here, but changing vehicles due to a temporary blip in fuel prices is such a short sighted transaction. I would like to have another vehicle to save fuel with and put miles on, but it would be an additional vehicle, not a replacement. Right now is a horrible time to buy that sort of vehicle though, so I've continued living with my LJ as a DD. I work from home and have put about 8k miles on it since November 2020, including 2200 miles of moving and a road trip to go wheeling.

I get real hardship like losing a job (like mid 2020 when the service industry died of COVID) but I don't think that's happening on a wide scale right now.
You’d better get your white privilege AND your toxic masculinity in place. I mean you basically just mansplained this to all of us 😆😉

SPECWAR

TJ Enthusiast
I’m an old bastard that grew up driving standard transmission vehicles. That’s partially why I enjoy driving my TJ. AND, it’s easy to maneuver, fun in the sun, and I drive it everyday there is no salt on the roads.
My daughters laugh and say that I will still be driving it when I’m in my 80’s, guess they’re right cause that’s in less than 10 years.
Someone can pry my cold dead hands off of the steering wheel, and my sidearm 🤣🤣🤣😵‍💫.

OP
Fishtaco

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
Shows a difference, In Oz lots of young new drivers buy TJ,s I suppose they can because the prices are so much lower than in The States plus we dont have many soft top 4x4,s vehicles to choose from other than a few much older Suzuki,s. Convertible anything is not popular in Australia so you just don't see many soft tops other than prestige.

SoCalGlide

FOG
Supporting Member
275 miles/week commuting. For a minute, I thought about getting a beater economy car. Even without factoring in the initial purchase price, the added insurance, registration fees, and maintenance costs made that less attractive.

I like driving my Jeep.
Welp, to be honest, the biggest reason I don't buy a beater econocar is because I have my choice of 2 motorcycles in the garage. The Costco I get gas from just hit $4.90 a gallon.
I dug my cold weather riding gear out of the bottom of the closet. It's going to be in the low to mid 40's on my way to work most of this week. I'm old, I hate riding in the cold. We'll see in the morning. 🥶