Lots of people selling TJs because of high fuel prices

I'm going to mount a rocket launcher on my TJ and donate it to the Ukranian army. 🇺🇦
here you go

127fca2adcad8e09bfdc7661ed7338c5--the-rat-patrol-jeeps.jpg

I’m an old bastard that grew up driving standard transmission vehicles. That’s partially why I enjoy driving my TJ. AND, it’s easy to maneuver, fun in the sun, and I drive it everyday there is no salt on the roads.
My daughters laugh and say that I will still be driving it when I’m in my 80’s, guess they’re right cause that’s in less than 10 years.
Someone can pry my cold dead hands off of the steering wheel, and my sidearm 🤣🤣🤣😵‍💫.
Your taking it to your grave it sounds like(y)

Reactions: BillW and SPECWAR
I don’t think that most people use their TJ as a daily driver so I’m not sure people will sell them in large numbers.

I do, along with an LJ, XJ & MJ. I actually just got rid of my TJ (LJ isn't going anywhere!) and picked up a WK. It's a fully optioned 2005 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7L Hemi V8. It's probably not the brightest thing I've ever done but we'll see. I have no idea how it will compare "gas wise" to the pick up and bigger trucks I see driving around BUT the cost savings, compared to a new or newish vehicle will go a long way toward my gas bills. If I use it for 3 months a year (averaged out) how bad can it be? :rolleyes: lol.

Vroom Vroom ...

WK - 5.7 Hemi.jpg

You guys got me, I’m wrong! I guess I never realized so many people daily their TJ!

Reactions: PCO6
I drive my TJ a few days a week, I like daily driving my silverado since it gets alot better gas mileage.

current price for a gallon of 91 is $5.30

My only complaint about the price of gas is that I reach the $100 limit on my credit card and my tank is not full. A first world problem. My DD is a F250 and I get 9.3 mpg 16.5 if I take a long trip. A tank will last me at least 2 weeks.
I feel sorry for the people who make minimum wage or are otherwise on a limited income.

Reactions: Irun
I changed jobs...I can walk now. It's three blocks. It's like work from home without the family distractions!

This is the way to go.

In the summer times pre-covid (aka the good ol' days) , I used to ride my bicycle to work. Just over 5 miles one way and it was a great way to start the day. I wish I could do that all year here .. there are people who do, but I don't like riding when it is wet.

Reactions: Irun and Mike_H
Name a better daily when my commute is less than 20 miles round trip!
Well... my other car is designed for ON road. It's a MUCH better commuter than the TJ in every respect.

I take the TJ to work on the nicest of summer days with the top down on occasion though. That's fun.