Love at first drive

Aloha Joe

TJ Enthusiast
I've had a Wrangler on my brain since I moved to Hawaii a few months ago. I rented a JK last weekend and it just fit. So now I'm shopping for an Island Jeep =D . I test drove a TJ that was an absolute wreck, but at least now I know I wasn't too spoiled by the JK.

I'm good at fixing things but don't want to spend all my time and money working on a Jeep. But I also don't want much of a car payment, so...

I'm going to look at this one on Saturday:
https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/6730884604.html

Of course I'd like to hear any advice, comments, or thoughts!

Thanks,
Joe

Welcome to the forum! That thing looks nice, but the price seems to be reflective of a potentially rusted-out underside. Check it out in person and see what the frame looks like. Post photos of the frame and you'll get plenty of opinions on here about the condition of it.

Assuming the frame is clean, I would have to say that's a solid buy. Miles don't mean much on these TJs as long as they were maintained. There are TJ owners with 600k miles on them and going. Again, as long as it was maintained, it should last you for decades to come!

There's a number of other people on here from Hawaii as well. @Steve Rodgers, @Fouledplugs, and several others!

Reactions: Aloha Joe
Aloha !!! Great looking Wrangler and glad you hear we have another convert to the gospel of TJ...

As @Chris check that frame for rust its one of the main things to worry about when looking at buying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
The first Jeep visit was rescheduled to tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to look at this one today. Only 70,000 miles has me really interested, and from the pics the condition reflects the low miles. It almost looks too nice to let it get wet! I like that wheels/suspension/lift look close to stock. In Hawaii it's a hassle to get mods inspected and registered and I personally don't need or care for much of a lift.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/ctd/d/2003-jeep-wrangler-sahara-70k/6740028419.html

The first one I posted is appealing because it's cheap, has a soft top, and gives me the feeling I won't care about leaving the top and doors off.

The first Jeep visit was rescheduled to tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to look at this one today. Only 70,000 miles has me really interested, and from the pics the condition reflects the low miles. It almost looks too nice to let it get wet! I like that wheels/suspension/lift look close to stock. In Hawaii it's a hassle to get mods inspected and registered and I personally don't need or care for much of a lift.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/ctd/d/2003-jeep-wrangler-sahara-70k/6740028419.html

The first one I posted is appealing because it's cheap, has a soft top, and gives me the feeling I won't care about leaving the top and doors off.
I see what you mean it looks clean as...do the usual checks , especially underneath...(you never know what's lurking under there haha)

It was in pretty damn good shape! Zero rust, RMS appears in good shape, pinions and u-joints seemed good, etc. I think it needs the PCV or whatever plastic thing leaks on top of the engine, and probably the radiator soon. But the body, frame, bushings, steering, etc were all in good shape. They wouldn't go below 10k, and considering it's a hard top and one of my least favorite colors I didn't feel like pulling the trigger yet.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I can’t thank you guys enough. I saw the sienna Jeep today - totally loved how it looked felt and drove. But you taught me where to look and it had everything wrong with it! Saved me a huge regret.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I can’t thank you guys enough. I saw the sienna Jeep today - totally loved how it looked felt and drove. But you taught me where to look and it had everything wrong with it! Saved me a huge regret.

Once again Super forum saves the day...:worship2: there are some great people on here who know ALLOT !!

super.jpg