Loving jeep wife needs advice

Andrea

We recently purchased 2006 wrangler x.
It's in Great shape but of course we have to spend more more more $$$ to take it from Great to AMAZING. He has new bumpers ordered and has talked about adding spot lights. Not really interested in a light bar. I have heard him mention 9" round KC lights mounted on the new bumper. Any suggestions or links for Santa would be appreciated.

Reactions: Len and Tbird Clair
We recently purchased 2006 wrangler x.
It's in Great shape but of course we have to spend more more more $$$ to take it from Great to AMAZING. He has new bumpers ordered and has talked about adding spot lights. Not really interested in a light bar. I have heard him mention 9" round KC lights mounted on the new bumper. Any suggestions or links for Santa would be appreciated.

No advice as I'm new to this, but here's my 2006 "X" I got just over a year ago [emoji173]️
565ecda759ac26c963326e49a478c512.jpg

Reactions: Andrea
I can tell you this from first hand experience: If you upgrade the stock headlights to an LED headlight such as the Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights, you will NOT need a light bar or bumper mounted lights, I'm not joking either.

My Truck Lite LED headlights are so insanely bright that even on those dark roads with no street lights, it just illuminates the entire road and then some like crazy. I'm serious when I say that you'd have to see it to believe it.

I thought I'd need a light bar, but I was so, so wrong.

You can check out some of the LED headlight upgrades here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/headlight-upgrade-options.538/

I will tell you though that the Truck Lites, while being speedy, are undoubtedly the best of the bunch. DOT approved and used by the US Army as well!

Honestly, I don't care for the round lights (But, that's just me - I know they match the headlights nicely on the bumper).
I've been using a pair of Rigid Industries D series LED lights on windshield mounts, and absolutely love them!
The Rigid stuff is more expensive, but the build quality is really good, and they are *BRIGHT*.

I just didn't want to have a lightbar up top, and these were a great alternative.

Granted, they do tend to light the hood up a little when they are turned on, but when adjusted properly, it isn't an issue for me at all. Plus, you can also put these on the bumper, or wherever you wish, really.
IMG_20161204_113740.jpg

Makes everything bright as day.

Reactions: Andrea
I can tell you this from first hand experience: If you upgrade the stock headlights to an LED headlight such as the Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlights, you will NOT need a light bar or bumper mounted lights, I'm not joking either.

My Truck Lite LED headlights are so insanely bright that even on those dark roads with no street lights, it just illuminates the entire road and then some like crazy. I'm serious when I say that you'd have to see it to believe it.

I will tell you though that the Truck Lites, while being speedy, are undoubtedly the best of the bunch. DOT approved and used by the US Army as well!

You know, I agree with Chris for sure. The LED headlight upgrades were the best thing I did for my Jeep (I went with the Quadratec Stealth version, and am *very* happy with them).

The headlight upgrade will definitely make the biggest difference!

However, even with the headlight upgrade, I still like having my little cube lights to light up a wider pattern of ground at night (I use the flood version, not the driving light version). I guess it is definitely a need vs want situation, though hehe.

But, yeah, LED headlights for a Jeep are the best thing since sliced bread ;)

Reactions: Chris and Andrea

Trucklites are my next expense! They are exactly like he says!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Chris
Reactions: Andrea and Chris
Maybe an Amazon gift certificate would be an option.

THIS!!!

At any given moment a TJ owner has 2,365,983 items in his head ready and willing to pull the trigger on purchasing once the financial adviser (in my case AKA: Wife) approves the purchase.

I don't buy jewelry! Even though I KNOW that's her weak point, and she and I have similar taste for what looks good on her, but for me to buy a X dollar ring to surprise her at Christmas (unless she's sent me a link and a hint) would just be her smiling on the outside but wishing she had that OTHER ring on the inside when she opened it on Christmas morn :cool:

I know a gift certificate sounds bland, and unimaginative, but a gift certificate and a years subscription to amazon prime (if ya'll don't have that already) is the gift that keeps giving all year long! (thanks cousin eddie)

I mean...what man WOULDN'T want to see "The Grande Tour" every friday and 3-4 times the following week :D