Loving my, new to me, TJ!

Heather

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2006 Rubicon with only 40,000 miles. I'm loving it! My husband got hit with the Jeep bug about a year ago and bought himself a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. We live in Colorado and love taking it up into the mountains and hitting the Jeep trails. I got tired of him getting to have all the fun driving, so I decided to find myself a "real" Jeep. ;)

This is Oscar. He came pretty stock, except for a 3" body lift and the JCR rock rails. So far, I've bought him some new tires and a cargo net for the dogs. :emoji_dog2::emoji_dog2: I'm pretty sure I want to remove the body lift for a suspension lift, but that's going to have to wait a bit...

I'm pretty new to Jeeps, as I've been a faithful Ford owner, and my DD is a Ford F150. Oscar will be mainly used for wheeling up in the mountains, but I'm sure he'll end up a DD for the summer. :)

Looking forward to learning more about my TJ from all of you!

qvmOc7t.jpg

xJUnpei.jpg

0uZcvxS.jpg

xJUnpei.jpg

0uZcvxS.jpg

Looks awesome! Love it. That thing will wheel'! All it needs is a Tummy Tuck in my opinion

Inca gold, I love it! Definitely one of my favorite colors.

It looks like it's pretty well done up, but do you have any future mods planned for it?

Reactions: FTI76
Congrats. I'd swap the body lift for a 1.25" body lift and maybe do a budget boost of about 2". Would be cheap and improve the appearance and ground clearance.

Thanks! That is definitely something I've been thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inca gold, I love it! Definitely one of my favorite colors.

It looks like it's pretty well done up, but do you have any future mods planned for it?

I have a stubby stinger bumper ordered, but that will probably be the last mod for a bit. Need to save up some money, and the hubby wants to lift his JKU, so we have to take turns. [emoji13] I'm definitely thinking about changing out that body lift. I'm just not a fan of the look of it.

Reactions: Chris
Please do change out the body lift, 3" is way too much! I would never go above 1" body lift. That pairs nicely with something like a 2.5" suspension lift!

Reactions: Heather
Wow, you could wheel around Colorado probably for the rest of your life, and still not see all the trails there...I love visiting that state. We go mostly to the San Juan mountains in SW CO, but we've been around Vail, Lake City, and Pagosa Springs...

Wow, you could wheel around Colorado probably for the rest of your life, and still not see all the trails there...I love visiting that state. We go mostly to the San Juan mountains in SW CO, but we've been around Vail, Lake City, and Pagosa Springs...

We absolutely love it out here. We just recently bought some mountain property out in Fairplay. We can't wait to build out there as soon as the kids are done with high school!

Reactions: Chris
Welcome aboard. Having owned 2 JKUs (1 Rubicon and 1 Sahara), my TJ is my favorite jeep so far.

Reactions: Heather