Low COG overland-ish build

Reactions: tomtaylz and Starrs
I do like white, I just prefer the orange and it’d feel weird having another white very similar looking Jeep so soon (what would my current Jeep think!) hah. I have the time, I’m enjoying my TJ so might as well wait for now. Now maybe if I haven’t found anything in 6-8 months I might be more prone to explore other colors.

I think your hunt for the impact orange LJR is worthy of being patient, just be ready to pull the trigger when one comes up.

What is the most miles (odometer) you will consider? Hard top required? Where is the farthest your willing to go to pick it up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tomtaylz
I think your hunt for the impact orange LJR is worthy of being patient, just be ready to pull the trigger when one comes up.

What is the most miles (odometer) you will consider? Hard top required? Where is the farthest your willing to go to pick it up?

Hardtop not required as I can buy one after, I’m not too picky on miles but 150k is probably as high as I’d want to go if the frame and everything is clean and there’s not an obscene amount of owners, nationwide as long as I can get some inspection or someone to look before I buy it. Wanting auto which go very quick.

(if you’re looking at the one in PA someone’s already grabbed it)

Hardtop not required as I can buy one after, I’m not too picky on miles but 150k is probably as high as I’d want to go if the frame and everything is clean and there’s not an obscene amount of owners, nationwide as long as I can get some inspection or someone to look before I buy it.

(if you’re looking at the one in PA someone’s already grabbed it)
Got it, I scroll Autotrader, search tempest / Craigslist fairly often. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Got it, I scroll Autotrader, search tempest / Craigslist fairly often. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Appreciate it. Automatic is probably the harder thing to find but being in the city it is a sort of hard requirement for my preference. I’m doing nationwide searches daily, hoping if one pops up someone obscure there’s a forum member there who can take a look.

Well the tale of my first Jeep is over. It is a bit sad but hoping to find a good home for her. Looking forward to many memories in my new LJR.

3F2E5CDB-728E-4AA5-A980-B6A94D164CD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats. Looks like a nice find and a Warn winch to boot.

Be paranoid to take it back to cow mt once the brush comes back and its freshly painted. :risas3:

I cant blame him though because there isn't a dent on it.
:D It actually wasn't bad until we blazed that one trail. That is why I don't worry about paint. If you wheel, doesn't matter how careful you are, there will be some sort of damage done eventually.

Well the tale of my first Jeep is over. It is a bit sad but hoping to find a good home for her. Looking forward to many memories in my new LJR.

View attachment 53479
What’s the setup on this thing, besides the purplish pink guy with wings for his head?

:D It actually wasn't bad until we blazed that one trail. That is why I don't worry about paint. If you wheel, doesn't matter how careful you are, there will be some sort of damage done eventually.
The best part was when we had to make a u-turn and do it all over the other direction.