LQ9 6.0 LS swap into my 2001 TJ

Novak has reworked the harness already and needed the tire size as part of the required info.

That's interesting; the speedometer change is gear-based unless you're using the PCM from a Rubicon, as best I know...and the ECM for the new engine should be a total standalone that's only running the engine, with comparatively little interface between it and the dash, and no connection to anything tire-related. You're also skipping anything to do with VSS...so why did they need the tire size?

That's interesting; the speedometer change is gear-based unless you're using the PCM from a Rubicon, as best I know...and the ECM for the new engine should be a total standalone that's only running the engine, with comparatively little interface between it and the dash, and no connection to anything tire-related. You're also skipping anything to do with VSS...so why did they need the tire size?
They may have been asking just to keep a record for future trouble shooting or something. Maybe they just ask a series of questions no matter what. I’m sure Novak knows what it’s doing.

Dana 30

I'm sorry, I currently have a dana 30 up front. May swap it down the road.
You’ll be just fine for street driving and general trail ridding. You start hitting hardcore stuff, many will advise you to look at a 44 or 60. But for now, you’ll be fine.
I am interested in how the 3500 holds up. I think you’ll be fine again for street driving and general trail ridding. They make adapters for a reason, I can’t imagine Novak is steering you over a cliff with the 3550 plans.
I’ll be watching your vids. Good luck!

Reactions: BigToe
They may have been asking just to keep a record for future trouble shooting or something. Maybe they just ask a series of questions no matter what. I’m sure Novak knows what it’s doing.

I'm not saying that they don't know what they're doing, but I'm curious as to the differences between how they have directed him and how they directed me in the past.

I can't remembet the reason at the moment but when i get back to the shop i will look through the guides and find out. It may be tomorrow night or the next day.

You’ll be just fine for street driving and general trail ridding. You start hitting hardcore stuff, many will advise you to look at a 44 or 60. But for now, you’ll be fine.
I am interested in how the 3500 holds up. I think you’ll be fine again for street driving and general trail ridding. They make adapters for a reason, I can’t imagine Novak is steering you over a cliff with the 3550 plans.
I’ll be watching your vids. Good luck!

Thanks. We will keep em coming!

I can't remembet the reason at the moment but when i get back to the shop i will look through the guides and find out. It may be tomorrow night or the next day.

Sorry for the late response. I spoke to jeff at novak conversions and he said that it has to do with speed a the drivability. Since I am going with the nv3550, it has a little to do with the smoothness and transition of the transmission but it is more critical with the transition of an automatic transmission. Also he I would be fine to move up to 35's. Anything above that, i may want to send my harness back ro get it flashed. I get 3 additional flashes for free. I just habe to pay for shipping.

Sorry for the late response. I spoke to jeff at novak conversions and he said that it has to do with speed a the drivability. Since I am going with the nv3550, it has a little to do with the smoothness and transition of the transmission but it is more critical with the transition of an automatic transmission. Also he I would be fine to move up to 35's. Anything above that, i may want to send my harness back ro get it flashed. I get 3 additional flashes for free. I just habe to pay for shipping.

Ice cold Dr. Pepper. Stock is not an option!

Yes just finished up all videos on your channel. Really appreciate how takes time to explain the little steps. Looking forward to seeing one with test drive.

Now I have to go Escalade shopping!

Watched all the videos posted and subbed! Very detailed and has answered a lot of my questions Really looking forward to your wiring part 3 video. Is that the one that will go over the mating of the GM harness to Jeep chassis and harness?