LS Headers Question

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am looking at the full exhaust set by Holley/Hooker/Blackheart and was wondering if anyone that has LS swapped their TJs used these headers with Novak mounts. I have been running the Novak headers which are fine, I just have a really restrictive exhaust and would like to get rid of the major restrictive exhaust.

I used the Novak bolt on mounts with a set of headers from a 2013 Camaro. They hug the block and dump at the rear. Perfect fit for the TJ. Best of all they can be gotten cheap and will last an eternity.

12611639-12611638-EXX026-2.jpg

Reactions: BlueC
If it were me I’d get a custom set made up. The header tube lengths should be equal from each cylinder to the collector, and the longer the tube the more low end torque you’ll get. Also they should be able to put a proper size collector on. I haven’t had a set made in 25+ years but if I was already putting money in an ls for my jeep, an off the shelf header would not even come to mind, I’d be looking up who makes a good set.

I am specifficlly wanting 304SS and all the exhaust shops around me dont know how to work with SS too well and can’t find anyone to fab a nice system of dual 2.5in to 3in single so I had to settle on dual 2in to single 2.25in just to get driving. So the Holley setup just simplifys that since it is bolt-on for sure if you used their mounts which I am 2 years too late to use and stuck with Novak mounts.

What makes your exhaust restrictive?
Pre merge its dual 2” and at merge its a single 2.25” Like I said I just needed something to actually start driving it last year Spring. Because I cannot find any real fabricators around here not booked up until next year the Holley system is the best since it goes dual 2.5” to single 3”

Reactions: BlueC