LS Swap with Savvy Mid-Arm

thebestskibum

Supporting Member
I need advice on which drivers side manifold/ header to run.

I’m doing an L92 swap and I have a savvy mid arm suspension. If I didn’t have the mid arm kit it would be easy but my biggest hurdle is getting the exhaust from the drivers side ran. Everything I’ve tried hits the upper control arm…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’m running using the 6l80E and the 42RLE.

I assume you mean NP241 (Rubicon) or NP231.

This is good because the 6l80E provides good driveshaft clearance compared to the 4l80.

If you have a tummy tuck, you'll need to route the exhaust up and over the transmission to connect to the right side.

Reactions: Wildman
I assume you mean NP241 (Rubicon) or NP231.

This is good because the 6l80E provides good driveshaft clearance compared to the 4l80.

If you have a tummy tuck, you'll need to route the exhaust up and over the transmission to connect to the right side.

NP241 he has a Rubicon...

I went and edited the post, I had a brain fart. Yes, 6L80E and NP241OR rubicon transfer case.

@toximus I'm reading through your thread now, haven't gotten to the exhuast routing yet...

Reactions: Wildman
I went and edited the post, I had a brain fart. Yes, 6L80E and NP241OR rubicon transfer case.

@toximus I'm reading through your thread now, haven't gotten to the exhuast routing yet...

I haven't posted much up about exhaust routing yet. I'm still waiting on lengths of pipe to get shipped. Hopefully soon.

I haven't posted much up about exhaust routing yet. I'm still waiting on lengths of pipe to get shipped. Hopefully soon.

Oh gotcha, I'm on page21, I saw your vacuum hose routing... my problem is I want to use cats and try and make it Salt Lake County emissions legal...

The CTS-V manifold could work but I'll have to do a sharp 90 or 45 and point the exhaust toward the oil pan in front of the sump; similar to the TJ stock routing. I already have mock up using the stock Escalade manifold but I'm welding cast steel to aluminized (I think, its stock pipe from the Escalade) exhaust pipe, which hasn't been very successful, not that I've tried to hard yet.

Do you need upstream cats or is a single downstream okay?

DSC_3556.jpeg

Reactions: psrivats
From what I understand it has to have the same/ similar cats. So two upstream and one down with the 4 O2 sensors.

Yikes! I'd start by looking into what the shortest cats you can find are. If you can convert your build on an older TJ, those don't have upstream cats iirc.

So why not route the driver side forward around the front of the sump of the oil pan to the passenger side where it merges. I am using the Holley system and it works great. Plenty of clearance with no lift.

So why not route the driver side forward around the front of the sump of the oil pan to the passenger side where it merges. I am using the Holley system and it works great. Plenty of clearance with no lift.

Depending on how much up travel he has, the UCA wants to occupy the same space. If he increases bumpstop enough that's not a problem.

As it sits now I have 12-13" of usable suspension travel and very little bump stop over stock, I think I will just try the CTS-V manifold and let an exhaust shop figure out the rest. Thanks for your help

Today I installed the transfer case to see what the front driveline will look like. I was surprised to see the transfer case was only 1-1.5" from where it used to sit and the drive line fit fine I wouldn't wheel it but could definitely street it as is.