Lug nut recommendations

If not black then Chrome ones would be the my next option.. almost like stock ones which I'm sure you can get from any parts store.

EDIT...just re-read you reply.sorry my bad your 'are' looking for black ones...I got the completely the wrong end of the stick.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ
IMO, locks are a waste of money. I got my last set off without the key just as fast as the non-locking ones.

Non flashy black lug nuts and 5 lock nuts. This site use to sell a set that included enough fir the spare but they no longer carry it.
When I was looking for blacks lug nuts i found this. Downside they are spline ends, never have a single issue with it.
Get it half of the price of the pictures...
Screenshot_20170906-220429.png

Reactions: Phungki
http://www.mcgard.com They make a very high quality product!
i have read that on this forum. I have checked that site out. im just not sure what type of "seat" the lug nuts needed to have. also found a couple different kind of lug nuts on their site that i am considering but cant find much of a difference between them other than the price. im sure i am missing something. last thing i want to do is drop off my jeep,wheels and lug nuts only to find out they wont work together or worse, that they shouldn't work together but they put them on anyway. im guessing they have different "seat" types for a reason. or maybe im making more out of it than is there

can you tell that ive never changed rims on a vehicle before? lol. I've always just rolled with what came on it

My opinion would be to stay away from spline drive, but that is because I had them on my WRX and went through about 4 spline drive sockets because they seem to crack. I had 4 tires shops tell me to get rid of them as soon as I had the chance.

These have awesome reviews and 30 bucks for 23 is not bad. They have an option for more if you need them or want to have a few extra:

DPAccessories LCB3B2HE-BK04023 23 Black 1/2-20 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 3/4" Hex Wheel Lug Nut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JNEAR66/?tag=wranglerorg-20

As far as the seat type, you need a cone...almost guaranteed. Most aftermarket wheels will be lug centric, which means that to keep the wheel concentric to the axle, they use cones on the end of the lug nuts to center the wheel stud in the hole through the wheel. Do it on all 5 wheels studs and your wheel should spin pretty true.

Reactions: CodaMan
I would also get the center hub spec for that wheel and, if needed, get hub rings that step the wheel down to the factory hub bore size (should be 71.5mm) on the Jeep. Hub rings are cheap and worth having.

IMO, locks are a waste of money. I got my last set off without the key just as fast as the non-locking ones.

I agree completely. Locks are senseless, and more often leave you in a lot of trouble should you forget the lock. Not like AAA is going to be carrying around your wheel lock tool.

Besides, what thief is going to walk away with a 33" tire / wheel combo? Have you ever tried lifting just one of them? Haha

Reactions: Tomcat and CodaMan
This thread needs to be re-named, just sayin! :D

Reactions: MikeE024