Lukewarm heat on 97 TJ

AG10

Hi there,

I am experiencing lukewarm heat in my wrangler. I recently did a heater core flush, which seemed to have worked for a day or so now the heat is back to lukewarm. Any suggestion/advice would be greatly apricated. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I am experiencing lukewarm heat in my wrangler. I recently did a heater core flush, which seemed to have worked for a day or so now the heat is back to lukewarm. Any suggestion/advice would be greatly apricated. Thanks in advance.
I had that problem and for me it was the door in the air box below the glove compartment. There is a door actuator that is suppose to move the door inside the air box when you move the temerature control. When you move the control, you will see the actuator rotate, if it is working. If not, its easy to replace the actuator. If the actuator is working, then the door is broken and a real problem to replace it.

an update on my original post..I replacement the water pump and thermostat, flushed the heater core and still do not have warm heat. I looked for the door actuator but I seem to have the older style controls with cables.