M100 military trailer build for the jeep

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I’ve been planning to cut two Tj tubs in half and marry the rear wheel wells and have a tailgate on each end for an off-road trailer. I have three extra tubs for this project but back injuries and surgeries have put it on hold. So I was able to pick up an old M100 trailer along with a new 3500# axle with brakes, and 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern locally for $350 I was given new roof top tent mount brackets and crossbars with it along with the new axle as well. The trailer isn’t perfect as I will be replacing the floor due to some rust holes but the sides are rust free and pretty strait. someone at some point cut a tailgate into it. But they were not the best of fabricators. I will be fixing that to my standards as well. I will be adding 33x10.50-15 wheels and tires. A lock n roll hitch. A tounge extension so I can add a tounge box and can open the back of the Jeep with it connected. I may or may not build a lid for it and new fenders with flat storage areas forward and rear of the fender itself. I also plan to run my tounge extension front to rear as one continuous 2.5x2.5 .25 wall steel tube so I can have a solid rear recovery point. Anyone else built one or have any ideas for me. I plan to use it for off grid camping here in CO and the rest of the west. It was dark when I got it home so no pictures till tomorrow but I think it was a hell of a good score.

That sounds like a great price for that trailer. Most I've seen locally are much higher and what sounds like not as good of condition.

Any idea what the trailer weight will be with your mods?

That sounds like a great price for that trailer. Most I've seen locally are much higher and what sounds like not as good of condition.

Any idea what the trailer weight will be with your mods?
Yeah I’m shocked at how good of a deal I got. Unfortunately they guy had military orders and could not take it with him. Didn’t have a place to store it and was leaving in les than a week. So he was just trying to get rid of it quick. I’m not sure how much it will weigh when done yet.

Reactions: TJ Starting