M8000 on GMC Dually

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Although some will say its undersized, I think this M8000 will pull this dually GMC out of any trouble it might get into, although I'm a bit worried about the 90 degree turn the line has to make to go through the fairlead...

DSC09778.JPG

DSC09779.jpg

Guy I bought it from bought it for the bumper it was attached to, but needed a 15K winch for the huge Excursion he had. He bought a brand new hand held remote, new battery cables (too short for the Jeep though), and the shiny bolt whatchamacallits over the drum are also new. He also put on a newer steel rope, and even replaced the label by the clutch lever. I paid $300, including both a roller fairlead and a hawse for when I do switch to synthetic.

This acquisition was a bit "out of sequence", so it'll be a bit before I get it installed, but in the meantime it could stand some paint, and I might as well inspect the inside of the gearbox while I'm at it.

I was in a similar situation... Didn't really need the winch yet as I was trying to get the rest of the Jeep sorted, but came across a good enough deal that I jumped. Nice buy.

Reactions: Zorba