• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Mahindra Makes Wranglers?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Reactions: billiebob

whitrzac

TJ Enthusiast
The local powersports dealer has a few. They look neat but start at $15k and go up from there.

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
They are Jeep wanna bees
Mahindra is more closer to Jeep than what you can buy today from FCA. See my earlier thread below and read the link that I posted there. Then tell me if you still think they are "wanna bees"

kmas0n

Has a "Thing" for Jeeps
Supporting Member
It's funny. on one side you have people saying these are "jeep wannabees". and they are pretty darn close to the old CJ's.

on the other side, you have people complaining the new jeeps are just fiats and need to be more like CJ's

Maybe the jeep community just complains too much IDK

Equilibrium31

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The "Jeep" brand is just a name and it's been so closely tied to several other companies that I don't think that brand really means much for its identity. I mean, it's been part of AMC, then Chrysler, and now Fiat Chrysler. Just look at the gas tank for the Renegade and you'll see a less than subtle reference to the new Fiat owners:

If Mahindra got bought out by Fiat as well, I'm sure they could swap out the grille to a full Jeep grille and we'd probably be embracing them more as the true "Jeep" than the 4 door and pickup truck stuff full of luxury features that they're pumping out now.

Reactions: K0LCB

whitrzac

TJ Enthusiast
The roxors make a CJ look big.

I would honestly like an electric one...