Mammoth Wheels

Shoot. Somewhere in translation it got lost that I actually have the AEV Bridger for the TJ platform.

Reactions: zebra12 and Starrs
And at the moment, I running 17" mopar rims in Black so I can run 34x10.5R17 BFG KO2s.

This summer I want to switch to BFG KM3s which they don't make in that size, so I will switch back to my 16" AEVs and run 255/85R16 KM3s.

Just thinking I really like the black look at the moment.

Last edited:
I will never sell my AEV's. Those are like unicorns at this point. I just want a black set as well.

What is everyone's thoughts on powdercoating them? Does the baking hurt aluminum rims?
AEV says not to powder coat their wheels. They have powder coat primer on them and the baking process is part of the heat treatment for the wheels. If you do it again, the aluminum may lose its temper (or something). I refinished some last year with duplicolor's paintshop line. They turned out well.

Before...

After

Unfortunately, my experience with Mammoth Wheels has been a bad one. I ordered 5 a few months ago and 2 of them were cracked and would not hold air. Of the two replacements that were sent to me, one of them appears to be cracked to. That makes 3 bad rims out of 7. 42% is not a good rate.

Unfortunately, my experience with Mammoth Wheels has been a bad one. I ordered 5 a few months ago and 2 of them were cracked and would not hold air. Of the two replacements that were sent to me, one of them appears to be cracked to. That makes 3 bad rims out of 7. 42% is not a good rate.
Damn, sorry to hear that.

Buried in my build thread I had the same experience. Wouldn’t order again

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Interesting. I have 5 that look great and hold air perfectly.