Mammoth Wheels

Yeah, the 16x8 backspacing is 4.5". Sorry for the confusion!

All good haha
When you get them, I'll be very excited to see the final product! I still like those Quadratec Rubicon Extreme's too, but if you're going for that beadlock look, this is a great ticket to getting there! Hope the AEV center caps fit!

When you get them, I'll be very excited to see the final product! I still like those Quadratec Rubicon Extreme's too, but if you're going for that beadlock look, this is a great ticket to getting there! Hope the AEV center caps fit!
Rubicon wheels are only available in black right now. I like them too.

Rubicon wheels are only available in black right now. I like them too.
I know, those gunmetal's are way cool. At least the website says "Temporarily out of stock" so people don’t order and then find out they’re not getting their order.

Last edited:
Great looking wheel for sure. Better than the Pintlers. And looks like they don't have that weak point the Pintlers have at the rim, spoke junction. Where Pintlers had a problem of cracking.

Unknown.jpeg

Great looking wheel for sure. Better than the Pintlers. And looks like they don't have that weak point the Pintlers have at the rim, spoke junction. Where Pintlers had a problem of cracking.

View attachment 27635
I'm just amazed they offer in tj bolt pattern. That is cool in itself, not to mention the uncanny pintler characteristics. They match up almost identical. AEV prolly doesn't like that to much lol

Thank the lord for mammoth then hahah. It's the same wheel, and maybe it's not made in China ;)
They are made in China. They are also exclusively acquired through Extreme Terrain. Speaking of Extreme Terrain, the advice they give folks is not always very good. They are winning the top spots on Google when people look for Jeep parts, so lots of noobs end up there. I was one of them. They told me you should never do a body lift and that I could run 35's on a 2.5" lift. I know you can do that if you are going to stay on the street and not flex at all, but they don't tell you any of that information. Then once you've done something stupid like 35's on 2.5 you have to go back and get some spacers or bump stops and bigger brakes and a lot more, and they don't tell people this up front. So I'm not too crazy about them. But I do like the Mammoths

If that Rubi flare fiasco wasn't a bust you'd be ok with 3.75" BS on a 10.50 wide tire. 12.50 not as much.
I don't know. It depends. As far as looks, I think a 10.5" wide tire on 3.75" BS looks pretty good. They stick out, but it's not much. It definitely looks better than a 12.5". I like some tire beyond the flare, and for that reason I was leaning toward the 10.5". However, there are far fewer tire choices. As far as performance, on road, I don't know, 10.5" would probably win out, as the 12.5" will probably tend to wander more. Offroad though, the 12.5", would be more advantageous, spreading out the footprint more, providing a wider stance and protecting the rim better. I still want the Rubi flares, but I have some time now to find some. And if I stop at 33's, under armor, rock sliders and next year re-gear and e-locker and call it done. If not, then the flare issue will come back up, and as far as I can tell, it will be a mammoth purchase!

I don't know. It depends. As far as looks, I think a 10.5" wide tire on 3.75" BS looks pretty good. They stick out, but it's not much. It definitely looks better than a 12.5". I like some tire beyond the flare, and for that reason I was leaning toward the 10.5". However, there are far fewer tire choices. As far as performance, on road, I don't know, 10.5" would probably win out, as the 12.5" will probably tend to wander more. Offroad though, the 12.5", would be more advantageous, spreading out the footprint more, providing a wider stance and protecting the rim better. I still want the Rubi flares, but I have some time now to find some. And if I stop at 33's, under armor, rock sliders and next year re-gear and e-locker and call it done. If not, then the flare issue will come back up, and as far as I can tell, it will be a mammoth purchase!
I'm sold now on just sticking to 33s. There is no point in me going up to 35s. The jeep drives so amazing right now, there is no reason for me to mess with it. The mammoths will be an awesome edition in the charcoal color. What are "rubi" flares? Is the rubicon flare different from the se or sport?

Reactions: JMT
I'm sold now on just sticking to 33s. There is no point in me going up to 35s. The jeep drives so amazing right now, there is no reason for me to mess with it. The mammoths will be an awesome edition in the charcoal color. What are "rubi" flares? Is the rubicon flare different from the se or sport?
Yes, it’s wider by 1” (4.25 vs 3.25”). Just gives a bit more coverage. They were standard on Rubi’s, Sahara (body matched), and Special Editions.

Last edited: