Many thanks to all who have contributed on these forums

Halfstock

TJ Enthusiast
I've owned jeeps of various descriptions for 30 years, but in February got my first TJ.

I have had a steep learning curve bringing my little jeep up to reliable condition, along with a few upgrades along the way. This forum has given me virtually all the insight and knowledge necessary to diagnose, repair and maintain my jeep.

When I was unsure of what lubricant to use in various applications, the answer was here. Headlight solutions, lift kit solutions, differential gear setup nuances, wiring issues, brake troubleshooting, and most recently diagnosing and curing low heater/defroster output.

I kind of feel guilty, as I've capitalized on, and benefitted from the freely shared vast knowledge shared on these forums, with seemingly little to contribute that hasn't already been thoroughly, and expertly addressed.

So, to all, THANK YOU!

Nothing would have made me happier in 99 than to have the resources available then that we do now. No (commonplace in use) computers, no smart phones, no internet. Basically just jump in, start tearing it up and hope for the best. I can't imagine just how much further along I would be in my knowledge and understanding if I could have started then with the knowledge that is available now.

I installed a 4" lift on our 99 in 99. Immediately got horrible driveline vibes. Got in touch with my sales guy at 4 Wheel Parts and had the big WTF?? conversation. Oh, you need a slip yoke eliminator, new rear driveshaft and adjustable control arms. Dude, I chatted with you about this kit and what I was doing at least 10 times before I pulled the trigger, why did you not even think to mention it? crickets. Pissed me off enough that I screamed long enough and loud enough over the absurdity of it all that they sold me everything for half price.

I've owned jeeps of various descriptions for 30 years, but in February got my first TJ.

I have had a steep learning curve bringing my little jeep up to reliable condition, along with a few upgrades along the way. This forum has given me virtually all the insight and knowledge necessary to diagnose, repair and maintain my jeep.

When I was unsure of what lubricant to use in various applications, the answer was here. Headlight solutions, lift kit solutions, differential gear setup nuances, wiring issues, brake troubleshooting, and most recently diagnosing and curing low heater/defroster output.

I kind of feel guilty, as I've capitalized on, and benefitted from the freely shared vast knowledge shared on these forums, with seemingly little to contribute that hasn't already been thoroughly, and expertly addressed.

So, to all, THANK YOU!

I was in the same boat last year. I've been a mechanic my whole life but zero % of my experience had anything to do with trucks and off-roading. I worked Japanese/German imports and then moved on to airplanes. Never four-wheeled, never rock-crawled, didn't know a thing about leaving the pavement. I bought a 99 Sahara last year on a lark and knew NOTHING. This forum is amazing, I have not come across ONE single issue that couldn't be worked out. Now I'm rocking it w/ local Jeepers and tearing up Utah.

@Chris is a terrible salesman and is too humble to say it, but if you or anyone else is blown away with the support and knowledge they get from this forum for FREE, become a supporting member. IMHO it's a hell of a deal. I've been on automotive forums since the Usenet days, and this is by FAR the best. The interface is clean, you aren't bombarded by ads as you scroll, and some of the most knowledgeable folks that exist are here to help you with whatever TJ problems you have.

Yep, that is why I am a supporting member! This place is the greatest. You can find almost anything you are looking for, from upgrades, downgrades, and even mechanical issues. :D Also, as someone covered in another post, if you can't find it, you can ask and you won't be yelled at for starting a thread on something that has already been covered. Sometimes that is so helpful when you are wanting to get a job done, but not have to spend hours combing through threads.

I also like the ease of use on the forum. It is easy to start a thread and the best part is attaching pics. The simplest format I have ever seen. :D