MAP sensor connector is different than MAP sensor

timjor

I am replacing my MAP sensor on my 1997 TJ (2.5L Manual). I purchased a new sensor online, and it was delivered today. However, I noticed that the connector on the new sensor is different to the one in my Jeep. I went online to look at others, and they all seem to be the same. The part looks the same in every other way except for this connector. What am I missing on the sensor that makes it incompatible with my connector?

Connector pic:

New sensor (and every one online)

Is it a Mopar replacement sensor you purchased?

If so, did you make 100% certain there wasn't a split production year?

OK - figured it out. There was a "split Year" for the 97. Before July 1997 and after July 1997. Mine is the "before". the only place that could figure out the right connector? Autozone........

OK - figured it out. There was a "split Year" for the 97. Before July 1997 and after July 1997. Mine is the "before". the only place that could figure out the right connector? Autozone........

do you have the part number for that connector? I'm fighting the same issue

Did anyone ever figure this out?? Tried an NTK MAP sensor as it was the best one I could find with a pre July designation but it’s no good. Found Mopar PN 05149203AA listed as a MAP sensor but no picture to see if connectors are round and it doesn’t say anything about pre July 96.

That’s the one I tried and the connection is right but the part is junk. Very rough idle. I was just gonna get the Mopar part but can’t find it with the right (round, not flat) connectors.

Has anyone looked at a YJ map sensor? I think they had the round pins but can’t remember if they were the same shape / fitment

Update!! Shoutout to the guys at wermopar.com I messaged two nights ago (yesterday was Thanksgiving) and woke up to an email this morning. The OE PN is 56028303 however it’s discontinued. I’ve found a couple on eBay that claim to be new and plenty of used options. We’ll see how my NTK warranty replacement does but hopeful that I’ve found an OEM solution if needed. Thanks everyone your help!