Colorado Mark your calendars...October 2nd is Jeeptober!

For the uninitiated, what the deal with this event?
Just an end of the year run before the snow starts flying. In years past there has been the option of Chinaman Gulch or Carnage Canyon (for those who are built for it), and an easier, more scenic trail around the 4 mile area for those who are not as well built or would rather take an easier day.

Reactions: rasband
I don’t think I’ve seen the easy run happen in the few years since I started joining. Not to say it can’t, it’s just not been as regular.
It used to be a much bigger weekend with 20-30 rigs and folks would camp or book a hotel for a Sunday run. I think the average turn out has been under 10 for the last 3-4 years.

Reactions: rasband
takin off a few days next wk to get my pig rollin and those new gears broken in. if y'all weren't 20hrs away that'd be a nice test run.

i was considering april fools next season but may put that off till late may so more trails might be opened up.

takin off a few days next wk to get my pig rollin and those new gears broken in. if y'all weren't 20hrs away that'd be a nice test run.

i was considering april fools next season but may put that off till late may so more trails might be opened up.
Fools run are the same trails. Buena Vista tends to have mild winters. Of the 7 or so Fools runs I've been on, only one had snowy conditions. The rest of the time it was 50-70 degrees

It used to be a much bigger weekend with 20-30 rigs and folks would camp or book a hotel for a Sunday run. I think the average turn out has been under 10 for the last 3-4 years.
I suppose it's good and bad, nicer to have smaller groups to have more play time.

Reactions: tworley
I guess we'll make the Official post..

#1 Chinamans Gulch. Requirements are as follows:

TJ, YJ, CJ or other short wheelbase will need a minimum of a 33" tire

ZJ, XJ, JK, JL or other longer rigs need 35" tire minimum.

At least 1 locker is recommended. Body armor, rock sliders, and any under body protection is also recommended. Sway bar disconnects are also required or something similar.

Denver crew can meet here at 6, hit the road at 630:
16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO 80465

Meet at gun smoke at 830, air down depart for trail at 9 sharp.
12916 US-24 #285, Buena Vista, CO 81211

Post up!

I’m out this year unfortunately - I need to be back for some family duties earlier than I’m willing to risk. 😭
Boo!

I'm a maybe myself, we have a project in Breck that I may be working weekends on starting next week

I’m going to try to make it. After this past weekend on Saran Wrap, the wife is a little hesitant
83897FDF-1F84-4B72-A41A-73A0B9E72F04.jpeg

1890445F-9E55-4FF3-B059-C7161775EF8D.jpeg

But on a positive note...I may get some corner armor and tail lights out of it lol

Who is going? If needed, we will set up the usual Denver meeting spot at the Ph66 gas station.

I'm still in. What time are we meeting? Tworley posted 8:30 on this forum, the "Other" forum is stating 9:30.