Marker Light Trouble

Kyle_W

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Randomly my passenger marker light stopped working,

I have replaced the bulb; but the new bulb does not light. So I replaced the bulb socket; the new bulb socket is only getting ~6v when the turn signal is on. LED bulb lights up when it's in the socket, but the factory incandescent bulb does not light.

There must be a constriction in the circuit somewhere, but I don't know where to look for a loose connection or for a loose ground?

One photo I attached shows the front turn light on, but the marker light off. The other photo shows the turn signal indicator stuck on.

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Oddly enough i was working on the lights on the 02 TJ today.
A friend of mine put on new fenders and i installed 3/4" LED lights. I used the outside marker wires to move them to the front. For some reason it only flashes when the headlights/running lights are off.

............. not a big deal because he has halo turn flashers. So i chalked it up to a jeep thing.

But there is something different about the side marker lights. Unfortunately I did not test the lights before I removed the factory plug. But on my 97 it has a flash no matter what my headlights do.

Have you checked your pass side ground connection?
View attachment 72385
I know this is OCD but i removed mine and removed the paint underneath and got a better ground connection.

Thank ya'll!

I did check it. And I checked the rear tail light ground. However, randomly while driving it fixed itself.

But, if it happens again, i'll copy what you did and celebrate OCD'ness. :D

Reactions: KCsTJ