Mastercraft vs PRP seats (pros and cons)

I needed the adjustable lumbar to make the MasterCraft Baja RS comfortable for myself on longer drives. Had it added when they were still in El cajon.

Reactions: MikeE024
I like that you can customize seat colors/fabrics with PRP compared to MC.

I’m torn between the MC Baja RS Tactical Recon black or the PRP Enduros. Whatever it ends up being, l’ll use Cordura on the seating surfaces..

Reactions: MikeE024 and SvtLdr
i'd love new seats but the cost is not in the budget right now. i scour the local sales sites daily hoping to snag a pair at a discount. but around here corbeau, braum and sparco are most common.
and it's surprising how many opt for the cheap ass plastic buckets, and then try to sell them for 50$ more than they cost new.

what i do have coming available more often are the suspension seats from the bigger side by sides.
anybody got opinions on or know if those seats might be different than any other or unusable for some reason?
1 might think since these machines are made to go full bore on rough terrain the seats might be one of the better tools they use next to suspension on those machines, no?

there is a single blk n grey PRP GT in PA for 125$.

example:

sbs seats.PNG

sbs 2.PNG

I was recently looking at PRP Enduro Recliners highback (non-adjustable headrest).

I more recently looked into the Mastercraft Baja RS (non-adjustable headrest).

At this point, these are my two likely choices.

About me: I'm 6'2 and 215 pounds. Long-limbed athletic build. I'm not abnormally long in the legs vs torso, but I don't have a proper measurement of those areas. I have a 46-47

I don't believe I'll be looking to get heated seats or lumbar support.

I want a recliner seat that allows for the folding action of my 2005 stock seat to remain. I believe both brands have adapters to allow me to do this.

I do not want to sit abnormally high up so the overall height increase matters to me. I believe the Enduro Recliner will sit 1/2" higher but I'm not sure about the potential heigh increase for the Baja RS.

I will be getting in and out of my seat often, and I'm a DD that goes offroading some. I don't need to be hugged like crazy by the seats. I'd get seat covers if my foam wasn't so worn.

Additionally, being 6'2 I'd prefer to get a seat with a headrest that is proper for me, but I don't want a seat that's will interfere with the roll bar or the canopy when rolling the seat forward or reclining it back. My guess is that I'll need a +2" if I got the PRP route (I'll confirm later with PRP if I go that route). I'm not sure about the height of the Mastercraft Baja RS, but I believe the standard fixed headrest might sit higher.

Also, I'm interested in the durability of the fabric. I have a 20 lb. Border Collie / Toy Aussie mix that likes to climb all over and will certainly track some water and dirt in. I don't want princess seat fabric. I don't trust PRP's Vinyl to be durable so I'm looking to go Cordura if I get the Enduro Recliner. I'm not sure about this "new fabric" listed on Mastercraft's website, and I'm also not sure how durable the Mastercraft Vinyl is in comparison to the PRP vinyl.
I have Mastercraft Baja RS seats. I opted for recliners, heaters and lumbar. I'm really glad I got all those options. These seats do sit higher than the factory seats. My guess is that they support alot better instead of letting you sink into the cushion. I mounted mine in the same elevation as the factory seats. I'm now working on a fix to get them a bit lower. The non-sinking factor results in a higher seating position.

My opinion is the backs on these seats are not tall enough. I'm 5'-11", 180 lbs., average frame size. The very top of the headrest comes to the center of my head. A taller person would not likely have enough coverage to be safe, if that kind of thing is important to you.

These seats are very comfortable for trail and DD use. There's a small side bolster that provides stability but doesn't make it uncomfortable when climbing in and out. My buddy has Corbeau seats and those have much taller bolsters. It almost like climbing in and out of a milk pail.

I went with all black Cordura and really like that material. It's comfortable, doesn't get scalding hot in the sun, very durable and also easy to clean.

I would most certainly buy these same seats again if I had another Jeep.

I like that you can customize seat colors/fabrics with PRP compared to MC.

I’m torn between the MC Baja RS Tactical Recon black or the PRP Enduros. Whatever it ends up being, l’ll use Cordura on the seating surfaces..
This is exactly where I’m at.

My opinion is the backs on these seats are not tall enough. I'm 5'-11", 180 lbs., average frame size. The very top of the headrest comes to the center of my head. A taller person would not likely have enough coverage to be safe, if that kind of thing is important to you.
This is my biggest concern for the Baja RS seat. I didn't see a +2 height option for the back part of the seat/headrest (which is available for PRP's Enduro Recliner), and I'd rather not get Mastercraft'ss adjustable headrest. I'll contact Mastercraft about this.

i'd love new seats but the cost is not in the budget right now. i scour the local sales sites daily hoping to snag a pair at a discount. but around here corbeau, braum and sparco are most common.
and it's surprising how many opt for the cheap ass plastic buckets, and then try to sell them for 50$ more than they cost new.

what i do have coming available more often are the suspension seats from the bigger side by sides.
anybody got opinions on or know if those seats might be different than any other or unusable for some reason?
1 might think since these machines are made to go full bore on rough terrain the seats might be one of the better tools they use next to suspension on those machines, no?

there is a single blk n grey PRP GT in PA for 125$.

example:

View attachment 272320

View attachment 272321
I was in same boat and found the PRP enduros pair for $1000 on marketplace, which is still freaking pricey but was a discount from the $1800 invoice and they were the exact style combo I would order.

This is my biggest concern for the Baja RS seat. I didn't see a +2 height option for the back part of the seat/headrest (which is available for PRP's Enduro Recliner), and I'd rather not get Mastercraft'ss adjustable headrest. I'll contact Mastercraft about this.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mastercraft does offer a TALL version on their seats. I'm fairly certain they don't advertise this on the website. Definitely give them a call to double check.

Reactions: MikeE024
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mastercraft does offer a TALL version on their seats. I'm fairly certain they don't advertise this on the website. Definitely give them a call to double check.
Earlier this year I went to the local 4wp store to try some seats, they had MC and Corbeau in the showroom - I really liked the MC Baja, but their seatback is way too low for me. Contacted MC to see if they offer a higher back option/ custom order. They said they previously did, but offer the higher back no longer.

As others have mentioned before, try before you buy (if at all possible.) Even better, try the seats your considering inside a TJ. A seat might feel great in a showroom but then very different inside your Jeep.

I did sit in @Apparition Mastercraft Baja RS seats and they were comfortable. My problem with them is the fixed back seat is at an angle I am not comfortable with as I prefer a more upright position, so I would have to look at a reclining seat. I just need to sit in a few to make up my mind...

Reactions: SvtLdr
I did sit in @Apparition Mastercraft Baja RS seats and they were comfortable. My problem with them is the fixed back seat is at an angle I am not comfortable with as I prefer a more upright position, so I would have to look at a reclining seat. I just need to sit in a few to make up my mind...
Mine do recline

I have the MC Baja RS‘s, 6’0 tall mostly legs and 235 mostly belly. No complaints here and I couldn’t stand a fixed back seat.

Reactions: Wildman
I have the Mastercraft Baja RS’s in one LJ and I’m 95% sure I’ll get a set for the other.

I’m just shy of 6’ but weigh about 140. Currently have 1.5” spacers in that I need to remove. Seats are too high, no spacers would be perfect. At your height you’d hit your head with the spacers in.

I have the newer material and it seems very durable, no animals to test on mine.

I’d get pictures but it’s in my storage unit for now.

@mvigo and @DaveF sat in them they may have an opinion

@SvtLdr also has a set and maybe he can say more.

I liked em enough when I sat in them to order them... I ordered them in June, and they are still not here though which is quite aggravating.... didn't take them but 24 hours to take my money, 2 months later still no seats.

I liked em enough when I sat in them to order them... I ordered them in June, and they are still not here though which is quite aggravating.... didn't take them but 24 hours to take my money, 2 months later still no seats.
PRP said that it would take them about six weeks to fulfill an order, so maybe that's just how long it takes in the current landscape. With that said, sorry you don't have them yet. Hang in there!

Reactions: DaveF