Mastertop Skymaster

I think there's another quality option for a fastback style soft top besides Bestop Trektop. I'll admit installation could have been easier if I waited until the summer but I sold my hardtop and needed some coverage. Luckily, I have a heated garage but I still struggled and I'm hoping that some of the minor wrinkles will diminish over time.

Mastertop has great customer service, too. I had an issue with one of the door surrounds. I was able to make it work but an email to Mastertop and I received a response within 2 hours. They are shipping a new door surround, no further questions asked.

20210128_135921_resized.jpg

20210128_135940_resized.jpg

20210128_140658_resized.jpg

20210128_140706_resized.jpg

20210128_140717_resized.jpg

Doesn't look bad at all, very similar to my Bestop. Side windows on that one are a touch smaller but I think that sunrider is bigger.

I have had a trektop NX for more than 8 years (two of them actually), I am not a big fan, the rear window is a stressed part of the tensioning and once unzipped in the cold is difficult to zip back again..... just my 2 cents.....
I am going down next week to pick up my Gr8ttops safari top......

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I think there's another quality option for a fastback style soft top besides Bestop Trektop. I'll admit installation could have been easier if I waited until the summer but I sold my hardtop and needed some coverage. Luckily, I have a heated garage but I still struggled and I'm hoping that some of the minor wrinkles will diminish over time.

Mastertop has great customer service, too. I had an issue with one of the door surrounds. I was able to make it work but an email to Mastertop and I received a response within 2 hours. They are shipping a new door surround, no further questions asked.

View attachment 221706

View attachment 221707

View attachment 221708

View attachment 221709

View attachment 221710
I’m about to pull the trigger on this, still happy, any other feedback?

I’m about to pull the trigger on this, still happy, any other feedback?
So far I'm happy with the purchase. It's relatively quiet (not hardtop quite) at highway speeds. Mastertops customer service is top notch. Windows sides and rear is a bitc# to put on but I've read that all frameless ones are. Overtime, slight wrinkles in the plastic have disappeared.

I can't compare it to Bestop's twill but I've seen a black denim trektop NX. While Bestop will probably have the upper hand, I wanted a soft-top in twill with matching upper half doors. Bestop doesn't offer. Mastertops Twill half door skins had poor fitment at first but I modified the door frames for better fitment.

No, that's the "fabric replacement" to the top. You want mastertop P/N 15501217

http://www.mastertop.com/products/new-products/
I bought the "Mastertwill" back in January through Quadratec who matched a competitors price and they also included a $75 gift card. Slip says I paid $670 for it.

Looking at stock, it appears earliest availability is June. A call or an email might get you a better ship date.

(720) 575-5440
[email protected]

Reactions: red02tj
You might be good then! I came from a hardtop so I didn't have door surrounds, rear, center bows or a header.

much appreciated
I don't know if the one I saw and worked around is anomalous or they are all the same but it is patently obvious they do not use the same quality Velcro that OEM and Bestop do. The top edges had some Velcro showing and like normal, I separated the two sides to pull it down and overlap it more to hide it. It wasn't having it. Something to keep an eye on.

I don't know if the one I saw and worked around is anomalous or they are all the same but it is patently obvious they do not use the same quality Velcro that OEM and Bestop do. The top edges had some Velcro showing and like normal, I separated the two sides to pull it down and overlap it more to hide it. It wasn't having it. Something to keep an eye on.
What do you mean about the velcro, did it not hold the windows in place because it was crappy velcro or the overall fit/finish was poor?

What do you mean about the velcro, did it not hold the windows in place because it was crappy velcro or the overall fit/finish was poor?
Where the top came down over the sides, the lower 1/4 of the velcro strip was showing. I undid it and pulled the top down to hide the exposed mating half, it doesn't stick the same as the OEM stuff. Not even close. But like I said, it could be just that one top. Overall the top looks to be well made and were it not for that little issue, I would have thought it was similar to OEM quality.

Don't like it, buy it from a vendor with a return policy. The only two areas where velcro is used is at the top of the side quarter window panels to the top itself. The quarter window panels are still slid into a "C-channel" built into the top fabric. I'm sure by now, you've read into the instructions. I'll take a few pictures and maybe a video but the velcro was not a concern at the time of installation and has not been an issue over the course of several months of use. Time tells all.