Matkal's not so adventurous adventures

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Mrs Matkal and I took our first "long" trip in TFB, we'd taken a few local excursions to a couple unimproved roads which, over the past year have usually resulting in a repair of varying complexity and or expense ultimately resulting in my rebuilding the engine over this past winter. So, after about 550 mostly trouble free miles we decided to go on an extended journey to a road known as the Sterling Truck Trail near Sterling Mi. about 100 miles away. I'll spare any more detail and get to the good stuff; three short videos totaling about a minute. The two water crossing vids are the same spot going in and out as I chickened out and we bactracked.

Mrs Matkal's commentary is kinda funny

Another consequence of water crossings.
8216A06A-DC8B-4819-8DCE-02052599C9D2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
I’ve been wanting to check that trail out for quite a while.. that and mosquito alley.. but, I never have anyone to go along and really don’t think going solo is a great idea..

I’ve been wanting to check that trail out for quite a while.. that and mosquito alley.. but, I never have anyone to go along and really don’t think going solo is a great idea..
It really wasn’t bad but it’s definitely better to go with at least one more Jeep. If I was more experienced I think I would have been fine.

I can't describe specifically where, but at one point on the trail a water hole is really wide in which bypasses for bypasses for bypasses are present on both sides. I poorly chose a lane and got stuck. The water mark is visible on the tailgate just below the lower hinge and latch. . . and that's on 35s.

water mark.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: matkal